The Promo team in KDE attends trade fairs and conferences, informing visitors using a booth and giving talks. We also write news articles, work on release announcements and other content for our web pages.
We are in the process of updating the Promo team pages on this wiki, so that things are easier to find. Therefore you will see some new pages immediately below, but old ones that have not yet been moved follow afterwards
How you can join our team
Joining the team is easy! Just contact us and let us know what you're interested in helping with. The best way to reach the group is by joining our mailing list and/or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The three most common ways you can help include:
- Taking on a Junior Job – These are perfect for people who want to volunteer their time but don't quite know where to get started. The goal of this page is to provide easier tasks that other team members have identified which a new person could get started with. We've even assigned mentors who have volunteered to help you along the way so that you have someone specific to ask questions to if you get stuck or need guidance.
- Proposing your own idea – See an opportunity to spread KDE that we haven't thought of? Want to get help with making it happen? Let us know by contacting our mailing list so that we can provide feedback and potentially help you out along the way.
- Representing KDE at an event – We are always in need of people to represent KDE at conferences, local meetings, etc. All you need is a passion for using KDE and the right materials. You provide the passion, we'll provide the rest! Check out this section to download all the material you'll need to give a lecture or host a booth at an event.
There are usually many things going on within the Promo team. The wiki has become our home for keeping track of things and storing relevant information. Everything that doesn't fit into one of the 3 activities listed above can be found in one of the following areas:
- Dot - information by and for dot editors (dot is our news site on dot.kde.org)
- Communication guidance – Read helpful tips on articulating our software brands, describing our underlying technologies, engaging the press, and more.
- Communication channels – Obtain information about the tools such as the Dot, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc, which we use to spread news of KDE.
- Release information – Learn what's new in the latest release and how you can show it off to the world.
- Material – Find here some material to use to promote KDE wherever you want
- Scratchpad – A home for miscellaneous “stuff” that doesn't have a real home yet but needed to be written down somewhere
- Release Announcement Guidelines – Information about how a release announcement should look
- KDE Promo ToDo - Information about upcoming and ongoing tasks for the Promo team.
This page was last modified on 24 April 2015, at 13:18. This page has been accessed 19,227 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 as well as the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2