This is a concise list of feature proposals. You can see what is being worked on. Interested in developing a killer Amarok feature, but don't know where to start? Here is the place for ideas!
Please set the priorities according to this list: Feature Priority
For the Scope Difficulty, see this list: Feature Scope Difficulty
To add new proposals please use the feature template and then add a link below.
Users: Please submit feature requests to http://bugs.kde.org
- Figure out a better architecture for the (Internet) Services such as MP3 store, magnatune, last.fm, etc
Unsorted - later releases, outdated or already implemented
- Cue support
- Multi-user support ideas
- Song Abstraction to handle multiple file formats
- Drag & Drop album art - Allow users to drag & drop album art into the _somewhere_ (the PUD?) to set album art easily
- Playback History
- CD Burning - integrated or external (through k3b like Amarok 1.4)
- Amazon Store integration - Reverse engineer the AMZ fileformat. Have a look at pymazon
- Enhanced PlaylistBrowser: Multi Provider capable i.e., show playlists from all collections/services/mediadevices at the same time, allowing drag'n'drop between them.
- DAAP reading and sharing
- DACP support (Remote control protocol) [reference http://dacp.jsharkey.org/]
- Queue concept for The Playlist
- Playlist Generation: Could we see BPM (Beats Per Minute) added as a filter. It would make great for setting a random list at a certain tempo,
- More Contextual Information - Aggregate more contextually relevant information from various sources
- Some ideas for the post 2.1 CV
- Applet: Album Art View - Some sort of large album art viewer applet, whether it be like CoverFlow or not. Support to toggle between now playing and now selected states
- Script: Updating IM status with current songs playing for various clients on Windows, OS X, and Linux
- Possibly scripted PodcastProvider for bashpodder.
Services (including scriptable)
- The Hype Machine scriptable service.
- Read-a-long Librivox - Show the text of the book currently playing in librivox
- Last.fm UI re-factor
- Web Services Integrated