Amarok/Proposals/Support for multiple tags
|State: Draft||Target release: 2.4.3|
|Percent Completed: 2||Creator: Horrendus|
|Scope/Difficulty: 5||Driver: Horrendus|
|Priority: 4||Assignee: Horrendus|
- Add Support for Multiple Artist/Album/Genre/... Tags to Amarok
Extended information and rationale
- ID3v2 and many other Tagging Systems allow Multiple Tags. Amarok ignores them. Users wish for mutliple Tags to be read & to be editable by Amarok.
Related bug reports and branches
Please discuss this proposal on its discussion page.
- Try how TagLib Support looks - done, example file see tagtest.cpp Gist
- Plan how to save multiple Tags in the XML File of the Collection Scanner - planning example: http://piratepad.net/QYDQn3Ardp
- Change Collection Scanner to scan all the Multiple Tags and put them in the XML File
- Plan how to save them in the Database
- Change MetaTrack to return lists for genre and others. So instead of a GenrePtr genre() const; we should have GenreList genres() const;
- Change Database. We would have a standard normalized database table layout. e.g. since Tracks<->Genre is a n:m relation we need a relation table. (change DatabaseUpdater)
- Change Classes (SqlMeta, SqlRegistry and SqlRegistryPrivate) to handle the changed database layout.
- Change the ScanManager to use all the new stuff.
- Plan how to display multiple Tags in the UI
- Change UI (CollectionBrowser, CurrentTrack Applet, Meta Data editor, Playlist items)
- Start after 2.4.2 release
- Use independent changes. E.g. changing the collection scanner XML but for a first step not using the information. Or returning GenreLists but for a first try just using the first entry, disregarding further genre results. This working mode allows us to always have a running Amarok and no need for a big merge when everything is done.
- Work on a separate branch when we need to put all the parts together.
This page was last edited on 8 December 2012, at 09:22. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.