Fundamental Queue Concept
The Queue is be a direct representation of upcoming, current and past plays. Tracks play sequentially like they are listed.
Benefits for the users
- The concept of the Queue is a very simple one with a direct 1 to 1 relation between view and plays.
- Meta::Playlist editing and queueing are completely separated without confusion.
- More functionality.
- Features are in obvious places.
- Simple, queue only use, will make the interface less clustered, which looks better on first impression.
Benefits for the developers
- Cleaner codebase.
- Clear design.
- Use cases for both Queue and playlist widgets are well defined.
- Features don't clash with each other in PlaylistModel.
Steps to implement
- Move Queue and playback features out of PlaylistModel to QueueModel.
- Remove TrackNavigator, the queue only has row++.
- Replace PlaylistView with QueueView, same grouping and searching features.
- Add another PlaylistView in the form of a context plasmoid using current Playlist ListView.
- Add a second playlist plasmoid with columns (spreadsheet style from 1.4).
This page was last edited on 7 December 2012, at 16:16. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.