If you want to join the Kexi project by trying your luck in simpler tasks, junior jobs are for you. Tasks listed here is not the full list. Please contact the Kexi team) before start hacking. Tasks have to be assigned for you to make sure no two contributors perform the same work. Have fun!
We try to explain the tasks in details but you may have extra questions. That is great, send us the questions via email, chat with us, or use the forums.
And you can propose tasks for you of course, remember!
Note: Entries at bugs.kde.org marked as Junior Jobs: 
Alternatively, see the list of all unresolved Kexi bugs+wishes+tasks.
Below we categorized some larger tasks:
Add Close All Tabs command
- [open, needs specification] Look at competing software, note down all possible features, prioritize them, define dependencies between them, requirements, development cost, feasibility/risks.
- [open, needs specification] Unit tests, using the QtTest module
Improve handling permission error on database creation
Ask for password when Test Connection is clicked
- [open, needs specification] Use KWallet for password storage
- [unassigned] Display warning when entering "-" for unsigned numeric types in table view
- [unassigned, needs specification] Lookup Column Wizard, offered in 2004, never delivered; see the archived old wiki page for details
- [unassigned] Add "Open as Query" action to Table local menu
Implement Web Browser Form Widget(GSoC 2011)
Implement Map Browser Form Widget(GSoC 2011)
Implement Simple Form Widgets(GCI 2011)
Add translation and hide some widget properties
Implement "Do you want to open" question after exporting report to Text/Spreadsheet/as Web Page
- [some assigned] Small report improvements
- [assigned] Port "Interleaved 2 of 5" barcodes support from OpenRPT
- [unassigned] Add watermark feature to reports
- [unassigned] Improve stability and packaging of the MS Access driver
Add support for importing tables from LibreOffice Base(GSoC 2014)
Proofreading for Kexi 2.4 messages
- [unassigned] Design and perform Kexi-LibreOffice benchmarks
- [unassigned] Design and perform Kexi-MS Access benchmarks
- archived old Developer Jobs wiki page, have to be reused