All accounts in the KDE infrastructure are synchronized in a unified system called KDE Identity.
- The KDE projects are mostly using Git. The repositories can be browsed online via our web interface.
- Find our guidelines and informations about the Github mirror.
- Some projects such as i18n (to localize the programs) or some websites still use SVN. The repository can be browsed on https://websvn.kde.org/. Some guidelines could be found here.
- Commit access
- Find out how to get commit access.
In order to distribute and spread the software and other data produced by the community, KDE uses mainly two distribution networks.
Before pushing code to the repositories, the community has to review it.
- The current used system is GitLab. Before May 2020, KDE used Phabricator, and before 2015, KDE used Review Board.
- Project Management
- Projects are still managed with Phabricator. This functionality will gradually be migrated to GitLab.
- Continuous Building - Jenkins
- To ensure high-quality, KDE software operates a continuous integration system, namely Jenkins.
- English Breakfast Network - Static Analysis
- Krazy - Code Analysis, Usage Tutorial
- APIDOX - API Documentation Statistics
- Sanitizer - DocBook Checker
- Usability Checks
- KDE Developers are encouraged to blog about their actions. More information about blogging here.
- KDE provides email aliases in @kdemail.net and @kde.org.
- Communication channels
- Several communication channels are maintained by KDE:
- - IRC
- - Mailing Lists
- - Jabber
- User documentation
- https://docs.kde.org has KDE user documentation in many la languages.
- API documentation
- https://api.kde.org has documentation generated from source code using the KApiDox framework.
- https://techbase.kde.org documents the public libraries and scripting utilities for reuse by external developers.
- Project metadata, used for various internal and external scripts to aid in source code compilation, continuous integration, translation, and other administrative tasks.
- Project structure
- REST API