Work for porting Plasma and KDE Frameworks based on Qt 6 is currently the focus of the development. If you're able to help, please have a look at the Phabricator Boards for KDE Frameworks 6 and Plasma 6.
You can keep track of the progress of porting Frameworks, Gear and Plasma to Qt 6. Note: That page is generated automatically from source code data. Please also note that not all projects listed on that page need to have a release based on Qt 6 before the first version of Plasma 6 can be released. The projects not using Qt 6 by the time of the first Plasma 6 release will simply ship the Qt 5 version.
- Plasma 6.0 will depend on Qt 6.6 and Frameworks 6.0 (and Gear 24.02 for libkexiv2)
- Initially releases will be 3 times a year as with Plasma 5
- Once distros agree stability has been found we can move to 2 releases a year 
- 6.0 will be a coordinated "mega" release together with KDE Frameworks and KDE Gear .
- No scheduled LTS releases yet but those will come when distros find them useful
|5.91.0 (Plasma 6.0 Beta 2)||Beta||Wed 2023-12-20|
|5.92.0 (Plasma 6.0 Release Candidate 1)||Release Candidate||Wed 2024-01-10||Create Plasma/6.0|
|5.93.0 (Plasma 6.0 Release Candidate 2)||Release Candidate||Wed 2024-01-31|
|6.0.0||Private Tarball Release||Wed 2024-02-21||Final tag from Plasma/6.0 branch, only urgent fixes approved by release mangler after the Tarball release, please|
|6.0||Release||Wed 2024-02-28||Public release of Plasma 6.0|
History of releases
|5.90.0 (Plasma 6.0 Beta 1)||Beta||Wed 2023-11-29|
|5.80.0 (Plasma 6.0 Alpha)||Alpha||Wed 2023-11-08||Plasma Release Notes, Megarelease Announcement|
- Nate Graham, "Approved Plasma 6 proposal: change the release schedule".
- Albert Astals Cid, "KDE+Qt6 releases schedule"