Kexi 2.3 was released within KOffice 2.3
See also Kexi 2.3.1 release, Kexi 2.2 release, KOffice 2.3 Feature Plan, Kexi TODOs, 2.3 beta 1 announcement, 2.3 beta 1 changelog.
List of changes
- Fix numerous memory leaks in core module, table view, reports, database handling, main window
- Completely new Project Navigator pane compliant with the KDE 4 style
- Object tabs are now movable, simplified (contain only names/captions of objects), have tooltip and "what's this" information, have context menu with "Close Tab" action
- New widget properties:
- Image Box: Smoothing. When "Scaled Contents" is on, image is scaled smoothly. On by default.
- Widgets Tree tab reintroduced (was disabled in 2.2)
- report plugins are now supported what simplifies adding new elements; it's also helpful feature for KPlato which reuses Kexi Reports
Import & Export
- Fixed layout of the CSV Export dialog, fixed regression when "Export Data to File" action was not available when table or query is opened
- MS Access import:
- Kexi provides one of the best support for MS Access files in the open source world. Now large "memo" values (i.e. long text) can be imported from MS Access files, that is ("multipage" ones, up to 65535 bytes). This fixes reported bug Bug #244420.
- Fixed encoding errors for non-latin characters, so now it is possible to properly import texts in languages like russian, korean, etc.
- PostgreSQL: A fix for a serious bug: strings were not properly escaped
- SQLite: A fix for stability issue - there was possible crash on closing the SQLite database connection. This fixes reported bug Bug #245030.
List of missing or discontinued features compared to previous version is also available.
- New Project Navigator pane
- Movable object tabs
- Widgets Tree tab of the Form Designer
- CSV Export dialog
Missing or discontinued features in 2.3
Following list contains changes compared to version 2.2. See Missing or discontinued features in 2.2 for reference.
This page was last modified on 27 April 2012, at 10:01. This page has been accessed 2,542 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 as well as the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2