The "KDE Mobile" project aims at bringing the KDE Platform and the KDE Plasma Workspace onto mobile, netbook, in-car and tablets type of devices.
Right now one of our primary target are the Maemo based systems, and soon to follow MeeGo based systems.
If you're new to the Maemo microcosm, you might want to start with the "Maemo Explained" section to get an overview of the different projects, devices, systems used around.
Once you are more familiar with the project, you will be able to find more information on the KDE Mobile project in the media. Here we try to list blogs, presentations and articles about our effort.
If you just want to quickly get started, please use our VM with the scratchbox toolchain deployed: Maemo5/Qt SDK VM
Relevant sections of the Maemo wiki
- Qt on Hildon
- Maemo specific Qt API
- Packaging a Qt application
- USB Networking on N900 for fast installation/testing
- Using MADDE (unsupported for now, probably the future though)
- MeeGo - based off notes from the Pre-DevDays Sprint in the SF Bay area.
- Harmattan - based off notes from the KDE Harmattan Sprint in Berlin.
Nothing there yet, some people showed interest though.
- Android - Laszlo Papp (djszapi) will be trying to organize a sprint in the first of 2012, probably in Berlin at the same place where the KDE Harmattan sprint happened.