and friends get together!
KDE Community Forums is the official forum board for KDE. This page contains some useful information for developers and contributors who wish to use the forums.
Get a developer badge
Developer badges are used to easily identify KDE developers in the forum.
To request a badge, simply send a PM to the Administrators group and tell us which areas you are involved in. You can also poke us on IRC, see #Contact the forum team.
Request a new forum
We welcome developers and contributors who wish to start a new forum section for their application or project. The prerequisites are few and the steps extremely simple.
- The application or project should be related to KDE
- There should be enough interest to fill the forum
- At least one person involved with the application or project must be willing to moderate the forum
Submitting a request
Submit a report with the following information:
- Name of the new forum and a short description
- User names of the people who are willing to moderate
- (Optional) If you have any special requests
The requests are considered on a case-by-case basis but usually there are no problems. When in doubt, just ask.
One way to follow the activity in a forum is to subscribe to a RSS feed. KDE Community Forums lets you specify exactly which posts will appear in your feed.
To subscribe to new posts in a specific forum:
- Click on Feed
- Select your forum in the "Search in forums" list
- Click on "Generate Feed Url"
- Copy the Url to your feed reader, for example Akregator.
If you only want to subscribe to new topics (top-level posts), select "First post of topics only" in "Search within".
General questions can be posted to the Feedback & Questions forum. Note that this forum is readable for everyone.
Report a bug
Bugs are reported to the forum.kde.org product at http://bugs.kde.org.
Contact the forum team
There are many ways you can get in touch with the forum team, here are some:
- Forum - Send a PM to the Administrators group
- Email - Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRC - Contact one of the admins (bcooksley, einar77, Mogger, neverendingo, sayakb) in #kde-www on freenode
This page was last modified on 19 July 2017, at 08:44. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.