KDE Community Forums is the official forum board for KDE. This page contains some useful information for developers and contributors who wish to use the forums.
Get a developer badge
Developer badges are used to easily identify KDE developers in the forum.
To request a badge, simply send a PM to the Administrators group and tell us which areas you are involved in. You can also poke us on IRC, see #Contact the forum team.
Request a new forum
We welcome developers and contributors who wish to start a new forum section for their application or project. The prerequisites are few and the steps extremely simple.
- The application or project should be related to KDE
- There should be enough interest to fill the forum
- At least one person involved with the application or project must be willing to moderate the forum
Submitting a request
Submit a report with the following information:
- Name of the new forum and a short description
- User names of the people who are willing to moderate
- (Optional) If you have any special requests
The requests are considered on a case-by-case basis but usually there are no problems. When in doubt, just ask.
One way to follow the activity in a forum is to subscribe to a RSS feed. KDE Community Forums lets you specify exactly which posts will appear in your feed.
To subscribe to new posts in a specific forum:
- Click on Feed
- Select your forum in the "Search in forums" list
- Click on "Generate Feed Url"
- Copy the Url to your feed reader, for example Akregator.
If you only want to subscribe to new topics (top-level posts), select "First post of topics only" in "Search within".
General questions can be posted to the Feedback & Questions forum. Note that this forum is readable for everyone.
Report a bug
Bugs are reported to the forum.kde.org product at http://bugs.kde.org.
Contact the forum team
There are many ways you can get in touch with the forum team, here are some:
- Forum - Send a PM to the Administrators group
- Email - Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRC - Contact one of the admins (bcooksley, einar77, Mogger, neverendingo, sayakb) in #kde-www on freenode
This page was last modified on 29 November 2012, at 19:26. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 as well as the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2
unless otherwise noted.