Difference between revisions of "Promo/Events/FOSDEM/2014"
|Line 55:||Line 55:|
| Albert Astals Cid
| Albert Astals Cid
Revision as of 00:13, 7 January 2014
KDE at FOSDEM 2014
FOSDEM 2013, 1-2 Febuary, ULB Campus Solbosch, Brussels, Belgium
- KDE will be part of the Desktops DevRoom on Saturday only (schedule), devroom organised by Pau Garcia i Quiles
- KDE will have a stall in building K, Level 1
Please add yourself and your details if you are coming
|Name||Available to help on the stall?||Saturday meal?||Accommodation?||Phone number|
|Pau Garcia i Quiles||Sunday||Yes||NH Stephanie||+34660149580|
|John Layt||Both days "I'd like to attend at least 1 talk for a change"|
|Boud||not sure if he'll be there|
|Kevin Krammer||Saturday and Sunday|
|Jonathan Riddell||Saturday and Sunday but giving talk Saturday 13:30||Yes||Ibis||+447941 938 912|
|Rohan Garg||Yes ( Need to work out schedule )||Yes||Ibis||+34625112103|
|Albert Astals Cid||Yes||Ibis Sainte Catherine|
|Àlex Fiestas||Yes||Ibis Sainte Catherine|
|Lydia Pintscher||I'll be around every now and then but also need to be at the Wikimedia booth and in the devrooms and give 2 talks||Probably not||Astrid Central|
Cross Desktop Room with Gnome, Enlightenment, LXQt and Unity on Saturday only. Accepted talks are in the schedule.
We will have a two-table stall in building K first flood
|Name badges||Jonathan Riddell||ordered|
|Work out what to demo||XXX||XXX|
|Table cloths - 2 x large blue||(was Claudia in 2013)|
|Flag||(was Claudia in 2013)|
|Swag (T-shirts, etc)||(was Claudia in 2013)|
|Posters||Jonathan Riddell||JR got a poster stand|
|Manifesto Business Cards||(was John Layt in 2013)|
|Join The Game forms||(Jonathan has some, was Lydia in 2013)|
|FLA forms||Lydia||Lydia will bring some|
|Krita DVDs & Books||(was Boud in 2013)|
Got equipment for the stall? Add here
|21" wide Touchscreen monitor||John Layt||Bringing from UK, possibly use as large Plasma Active demo|
|17" standard monitor||John Layt||Able to bring from UK if needed|
|HTPC x 2||John Layt||Bringing from UK|
|Nexus 7 with Plasma Active||John Layt||Bringing from UK if needed|
|MacBook with KDE MacPorts||John Layt||Bringing from UK|
|Windows computer||jriddell||ooh KDE on Windows|
|Improv||jriddell||if it arrives in time|
|KF 5 and Plasma 2 demos||jriddell and shadeslayer||needs neon 5 image|
Got any posters? bring them!
|KDE||jriddell||poster stand arrived|
|Kubuntu||jriddell||poster stand arrived|
FOSDEM will hold the usual beer event at Delirium again on the Friday evening from 18:00. See you there, please try to wear something KDE to raise our visibility.
Jonathan will book Mamma Roma on Jan 29th. add your name to list above if you want to be included.
Post Event Review from 2013, to be considered for 2014
- New venue from 2012 now allows posters to be stuck on glass walls
- No ethernet in new venue, make sure all hardware has working wifi
- Tablets popular as flashy "attract-mode" gadgets, but ExoPC's became unstable from prolonged use.
- Flag made a good impact, was hung from string cellotaped to glass walls (masking tape too weak)
- Mostly worked that people pitched in when about, but would have been nice to have a list of attendees who were able to be more coordinated. Asking people to commit to a whole days booth duty is too much, asking for just 1 hour may get a better response.
- Use G+ Events to try invite and co-ordinate people
- More announcements 2-4 weeks before via the Dot and social media and to call for volunteers
- Perhaps enable use of @kdecommunity twitter and G+ account by someone in attendance to post messages during event
- Swag sold out too quickly and new products popular, discuss with Claudia around numbers and variety as to what is feasible. Needs someone coming by car or local to Brussels if we want more swag, otherwise too hard for one person.
- Make sure have FLA and JTG forms
- Any printing needs lead time of 2-4 weeks to keep costs down, so needs to be decided at least a month out. Any planning must start in November/December
- Was good to have Qt booth next door, lots of mutual traffic and help
- 2014 will be a good chance to have KDE Frameworks 5 as the focus, push their cross-desktop nature, maybe feature a couple of key apps. One suggestion is a live-drawing demo with Krita, maybe sell digital caricatures?