KDE at FOSDEM 2012
FOSDEM 2011, 4-5 Febuary, ULB Campus Solbosch, Brussels, Belgium
- KDE will be part of the cross desktop devroom on Saturday and Sunday, talks needed, Pau Garcia i Quiles organising, see below
- KDE will have a stall
Cross Desktop Room with Gnome, XFCE and Enlightenment
Saturday, Febuary 4, TBD: 1230-1900
Room Host - Pau(?)
Sunday, February 5, TBD
Room Host - Pau(?)
We're looking for developers, users and contributors to submit talks for inclusion on the program. We are specifically looking for topics that are of interest to the users and developers of all desktop environments.
Please submit your proposals to [email protected]
Please include the following information when submitting a proposal:
- Your name
- The title of your talk (please be descriptive, as titles will be listed with ~250 from other projects)
- A short abstract of one to two paragraphs
The deadline for submissions is December 20th 2011. FOSDEM will be held on the weekend of 4 and 5th February 2012.
Please add your name if you can help on the stall over the weekend
|Helper Name||When available|
|Claudia Rauch||Saturday and Sunday|
|Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas||Saturday and Sunday|
|Antonis Tsiapaliokas||Saturday and Sunday|
|Jonathan Riddell||Saturday and Sunday|
Stall To Do
|Name badges||Jonathan Riddell||To be done|
|Work out what to demo||all||To be done|
|Table cloths||?||To be done|
|Poster stand||?||To be done|
People and Accommodation
Let us know you're coming. We will book accommodation for KDE people who request it here. You may also find a hotel on your ow via booking sites such as hotels.com and laterooms.com.
Add yourself before End of 2011!
|Name||Flight No/train time||Please book me accommodation|
|Pau Garcia i Quiles||JAF5354||Yes|
|Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas||(i will add it later)||No|
|Antonis Tsiapaliokas||(I will add it later)||No|
|Lydia Pintscher||arriving Friday, leaving Monday by train||Yes|
|Jonathan Riddell||arriving Friday, leaving Sunday by train||Yes|
FOSDEM will hold the usual beer event at Delirium again on the Friday evening. See you there, please try to wear something KDE to raise our visibility (also: a badge with your name will make identification easier!)
Anyone know any vegan friendly restaurants? House party maybe?
Pataya might be a possibility it is a nice central Thai restaurant that some of us have been to before - Kenny
Post Event Review from 2011, to be considered for 2012
Awesome event, thanks all for helping. Add any thoughts so we can improve for next year:
- Stall had no large KDE sign, get a poster stand or cloth flag (hall of flags did good ones for Akademy 2007) with KDE logo for next year
- Better table cloths / KDE signs to go on front of tables.
- Saturday night was good but should plan ahead with printed directions. Schedule/book for 8pm, 7:30pm was unachievable.
- larger screens for demo machines would be cool (like openSUSE had), needs better transport. Perhaps hire locally or arrange for openSUSE to transport on their bus with their large ones??
- No way to sign up to Join the Game on the day, we should have forms and accept cash for this.
- print off crossdesktop dev room timetable to put on 2nd room door and stall (also any other KDE talks elsewhere)
- KDE stickers good but libreoffice looked very smart in jumpers, matching KDE jumpers would be awesome. The bright blue t-shirts work well, just need to be different to any on sale.
- Some kind of attract-mode animation / slideshow / deskcast to play on large screen(s) when not in use
- I have access to a digital projector (aka beamer), Mozilla were using one but I'm not sure how useful it was given the limited space.
- New t-shirt designs
- Wider variety of swag to give away or sell?
- Contact more distros in advance for KDE CD's to hand out, Fedora were keen as were Pardus, perhaps also Mageia and one of the *BSD's?
- KDE on Windows was very popular, perhaps talk to the Windows team about an installer CD to give away?