KDE at FOSDEM 2012
FOSDEM 2011, 4-5 Febuary, ULB Campus Solbosch, Brussels, Belgium
- KDE will be part of the cross desktop devroom on Saturday and Sunday, talks needed, Pau Garcia i Quiles organising, see below
- KDE will have a stall
Cross Desktop Room with Gnome, XFCE and Enlightenment
Saturday, Febuary 4, 11.00 - 19.00
Room Hosts - Pau Garcia i Quiles, Christophe Fergeau
Sunday, February 5, 9.00 - 17.00
Room Host - Pau Garcia i Quiles, Christophe Fergeau
The schedule is now available.
There will be some Qt and KDE-related talks at the Open Mobile Linux DevRoom
Please add your name if you can help on the stall over the weekend
|Helper Name||When available|
|Claudia Rauch||Saturday and Sunday|
|Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas||Saturday and Sunday|
|Antonis Tsiapaliokas||Saturday and Sunday|
|Jonathan Riddell||Saturday and Sunday|
|Agustin Benito||Saturday and Sunday|
|Dario Freddi||Saturday and Sunday|
|Ingo Klöcker||Saturday and Sunday morning|
|Martin Klapetek||Saturday and Sunday|
|David Edmundson||Saturday and Sunday|
|Daniele E. Domenichelli||Saturday afternoon and Sunday|
Stall To Do
|Name badges||Jonathan Riddell||ordered|
|Work out what to demo||all||see below|
|Table cloths||claudia?||To be done|
|Posters||claudia and jonathan?||To be done, see below for ideas|
|blu tac||Jonathan Riddell||ready|
|computer||PAdams||to be installed|
|UK extension and 4 way adaptor||Jonathan Riddell||ready|
|laptop demo||Jonathan Riddell||to be installed|
|CDs||ordered for Bart Cernells||to confirm|
|Project Neon/Calligra/Owncloud?||JRiddell||my laptop, to be installed, .docx file to be found, owncloud to be setup|
|N9||leinir||to bring, to install KDE bits/calligra|
|Kolab||Paul Adams||his computer, jriddell monitor, to be installed|
|Plasma Active||Claudia||her touchpad, to be installed/calligra active installed|
People and Accommodation
Let us know you're coming. We will book accommodation for KDE people who request it here. You may also find a hotel on your ow via booking sites such as hotels.com and laterooms.com.
Add yourself before End of 2011!
|Name||Flight No/train time||Please book me accommodation|
|Pau Garcia i Quiles||JAF5354||No|
|Giorgos Tsiapaliwkas||arriving Friday,leaving Monday by airplane||No|
|Antonis Tsiapaliokas||arriving Friday,leaving Monday by airplane||No|
|Lydia Pintscher||arriving Friday, leaving Monday by train||Yes|
|Jonathan Riddell||arriving Friday, leaving Sunday by train||Yes|
|Alex Fiestas||arriving Friday, leaving Sunday or Monday||Yes (Single room)|
|Agustin Benito||arriving Friday, leaving on Monday||No|
|Dario Freddi||arriving Friday, leaving on Monday||No|
|Riccardo Iaconelli||arriving Friday, leaving on Monday||No|
|Daniele E. Domenichelli (+1 person)||arriving Saturday morning, leaving Monday||Yes (double room)|
|Martin Klapetek||arriving Friday morning, leaving Monday||No|
|David Edmundson||arriving Friday morning, leaving Sunday night||Yes|
|José Millán Soto||arriving Friday, leaving Monday||Yes|
|Ingo Klöcker||arriving Friday (17:35), leaving Sunday (14:25)||No|
|Aleix Pol Gonzalez||arriving Friday, leaving Monday||No|
FOSDEM will hold the usual beer event at Delirium again on the Friday evening. See you there, please try to wear something KDE to raise our visibility (also: a badge with your name will make identification easier!)
Anyone know any vegan friendly restaurants? House party maybe?
Pataya might be a possibility it is a nice central Thai restaurant that some of us have been to before - Kenny
There is a small italian restaurant close to the Grand Place. I cannot remember the name but I can find it when I'm there. Inexpensive and very good food. - Pau
Post Event Review from 2011, to be considered for 2012
Awesome event, thanks all for helping. Add any thoughts so we can improve for next year:
- Stall had no large KDE sign, get a poster stand or cloth flag (hall of flags did good ones for Akademy 2007) with KDE logo for next year
- Better table cloths / KDE signs to go on front of tables.
- Saturday night was good but should plan ahead with printed directions. Schedule/book for 8pm, 7:30pm was unachievable.
- larger screens for demo machines would be cool (like openSUSE had), needs better transport. Perhaps hire locally or arrange for openSUSE to transport on their bus with their large ones??
- No way to sign up to Join the Game on the day, we should have forms and accept cash for this.
- print off crossdesktop dev room timetable to put on 2nd room door and stall (also any other KDE talks elsewhere)
- KDE stickers good but libreoffice looked very smart in jumpers, matching KDE jumpers would be awesome. The bright blue t-shirts work well, just need to be different to any on sale.
- Some kind of attract-mode animation / slideshow / deskcast to play on large screen(s) when not in use
- I have access to a digital projector (aka beamer), Mozilla were using one but I'm not sure how useful it was given the limited space.
- New t-shirt designs
- Wider variety of swag to give away or sell?
- Contact more distros in advance for KDE CD's to hand out, Fedora were keen as were Pardus, perhaps also Mageia and one of the *BSD's?
- KDE on Windows was very popular, perhaps talk to the Windows team about an installer CD to give away? I have been trying to find a sponsor but neither Microsoft USA nor Microsoft Spain are interested -- Pau
- Formal dressing (suits) at the stall? Postgres and others do that and it makes the project look more professional. Maybe a mixture of informal dressing and suits to make sure every visitor will feel comfortable?
Post Event Review from 2012, to be considered for 2013
- Awesome event, lovely KDE people, good stall, good devroom
- Needs overall coordinator, 2011 had Jonathan for stall but lacked energy and Pau for devroom who did a nice job
- stall needed good posters, well thought about marketing points
- we need a driver to carry equipment and people to and around brussels
- swap telephone numbers before so we can stay in contact