The Neon Git repositories are at http://packaging.neon.kde.org.uk
All KDE contributors can commit to neon* branches or repositories under neon/ directory, it will reject commits to other branches.
They are clones of the repositories used by Debian pkg-kde team http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-kde/. Any commits made to a Debian pkg-kde repository will be pulled into Neon Git immediately.
Add this to
[url "git://anongit.neon.kde.org/"] insteadOf = neon: [url "[email protected]:"] pushInsteadOf = neon:
and clone with:
git clone neon:plasma/khotkeys
If you don't have a KDE account you can still clone the repo at
git clone git://anongit.neon.kde.org/plasma/khotkeys
neon:gitolite-admin has gitolite setup, hooks and hook server for those with admin rights (kde sysadmin does).
neon-hooks/pre-receive is a hook to check the branch can be committed to
debian-hooks/debian-to-neon-post-receive is a hook for debian pkg-kde git repos to call the neon server on updates
server/neon-fetch-request-server.py is an XML-RPC server run on the neon server which is called by the debian hook and fetches updates
sync-repos-from-debian.py checks for all the repositories on in debian pkg-kde and adds any missing to neon. This gets run nightly on Jonathan's server embra.
It uses gitolite3 on weegie.edinburghlinux.co.uk, a server used by Neon and Kubuntu and administrated by Jonathan Riddell and KDE sysadmin.
Web interface is cgit.
Settings up new repositories
To set up a new repository it is nice to make it first on the Debian server so the syncing is already set up and Debian/Kubuntu packagers know to use it.
- Ask someone with access (Jonathan etc) to
ssh git.debian.org; cd /git/pkg-kde/place-to-put-it; ../setup-git-repository <new-repo>
- Then wait 15 minutes while the website for git.debian.org syncs the new repo
- Then run
./sync-repos-from-debian.py(just tell Jonathan to run it on his embra server)
- Make a Neon/unstable branch on the neon git repo and get a Jenkins admin to run
The Set Up
- neon:gitolite-admin has hooks in .gitolite/hooks/common which are symlinks to neon-hooks/ that get added to new repositories
- .gitolite/hooks/update is the normal hook from gitolite that does whatever gitolite needs
- neon-hooks/post-receive pings jenkins to start a new build
- neon-hooks/pre-receive rejects pushes to non-neon branches and sets up remote to Debian if it exists
- neon/website and neon/releases.neon.kde.org have a post-receive hook to update their websites (no longer used for websites at least)
- sync-repos-from-debian.py is run nightly on an external server to sync any new repos from Debian pkg-kde (probably no need to be external user, it does need to ssh into the server to remove repositories)
- cron on the gitolite server runs bits to restart the servers and run the check scripts:
* * * * * /usr/bin/flock -n /tmp/server.lockfile /var/lib/gitolite3/neon-fetch-request-server.py * * * * * /usr/bin/flock -n /tmp/gitdaemon.lockfile git daemon --reuseaddr --base-path=/var/lib/gitolite3/repositories /var/lib/gitolite3/repositories 20 3 * * * /var/lib/gitolite3/check-symlink-repos.py 40 3 * * * /var/lib/gitolite3/check-repo-remotes.py