The Neon Git repositories are at http://packaging.neon.kde.org
All KDE contributors can commit to Neon/* branches or any branch for repositories under neon/, forks/, neon-packages/ directories, it will reject commits to other branches.
They are clones of the repositories used by Debian pkg-kde team https://salsa.debian.org/qt-kde-team/. Any commits made to a Debian pkg-kde repository will be pulled into Neon Git immediately.
Add this to
[url "git://anongit.neon.kde.org/"] insteadOf = neon: [url "[email protected]:"] pushInsteadOf = neon:
and clone with:
git clone neon:kde/khotkeys
If you don't have a KDE account you can still clone the repo at
git clone git://anongit.neon.kde.org/kde/khotkeys
neon:gitolite-admin has gitolite setup, hooks and hook server for those with admin rights (kde sysadmin does). Don't use anongit to check this out, do an explicit
git clone [email protected]:gitolite-admin
neon-hooks/pre-receive is a hook to check the branch can be committed to
debian-hooks/debian-to-neon-post-receive is a hook for Debian pkg-kde Git repos to ping the neon server on updates
server/neon-fetch-request-server.py is an XML-RPC server run on the neon server which is called by the Debian hook and fetches updates from the Debian repos into the equivalent branches in our repos
maintenance/ scripts sync that all the Debian pkg-kde repos also exist on Neon Git.
local/hooks/common/post-receive pings the neon and DCI Jenkins servers to start a new build.
It uses gitolite3 on code.kde.org, administrated by the KDE sysadmin team.
Web interface is cgit.
Should you get a DuplicatedRepos (from DuplicatedRepos.Check) error during job updater because Debian has added a repo which was already in neon-packaging/ you will have to create Neon branches in the neon (aka neon:extras/coolpackage) sync of the Debian repo, remove the old repo from neon's gitolite conf and file a request to KDE sysadmin on phabricator to have the old ( aka fork/coolpackage ) deleted. Please ask when unsure.
Settings up new repositories
To set up a new repository it is nice to make it first on the Debian server so the syncing is already set up and Debian/Kubuntu packagers know to use it.
- Ask someone in #debian-qt-kde to create a repo in salsa - provide a link to upstream source when asking.
- The repository should get automatically get picked up by neon infrastructure at most 60 minutes after creation
- Make a Neon/unstable branch on the neon git repo and get a Jenkins admin to run
To add a new repo directly to Neon under forks/ neon/ or neon-packaging/ ask an admin (Jonathan, Harald etc) to add it to the gitolite-admin conf/gitolite.conf file. Then check it out directly from the master server, it won't be mirrored to the anongit server, e.g.
git clone [email protected]:forks/mustache-d and add a commit to master.
If the repo is a fork of debian packaging outside of pkg-kde, then create a mirror of said repo.
To set up a mirror:
git clone https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/kbibtex
git push --mirror neon:forks/kbibtex
Then create neon branches as usual.
The Set Up
- neon:gitolite-admin has hooks in .gitolite/hooks/common which are symlinks to neon-hooks/ that get added to new repositories
- .gitolite/hooks/update is the normal hook from gitolite that does whatever gitolite needs
- neon-hooks/post-receive pings jenkins to start a new build
- neon-hooks/pre-receive rejects pushes to non-neon branches and sets up remote to Debian if it exists
- neon/website and neon/releases.neon.kde.org have a post-receive hook to update their websites (no longer used for websites at least)
- cron on the gitolite server runs bits to restart the servers and run the check scripts:
# Hourly sync of new repositories from salsa.debian.org @hourly python3 ~/config-sync/gitolite-admin/maintenance/update-gitolite-setup.py # Daily full sync of all repositories from salsa.debian.org @daily python3 ~/config-sync/gitolite-admin/maintenance/update-gitolite-setup.py --fetch-all-repositories