Roadmap for master branch
These are the ideas we plan to develop in the short/mid term. Please join in, leave remarks...
- Many bugs to solve due to GL context & multithreading
- Make movit optional (for weak GPU)
KDE Framework 5
- Handle migration
- Lighter dependencies?
- Webvfx titler
- Ideas from other editors?
- Pick ideas from refactoring branch (see next)
- Reorganize present files, remove commented code, add comments
- Write unit tests?
Roadmap for refactoring branch (archive?)
This is an attempt to coordinate the work on the deep refactoring that beginned in 2012. If you want to work on some parts, leave a note here to know who is doing what. Design ideas can also be explained here.
- Add clip to Bin
- Create clip using the list of available MLT producers
- Play Bin Clip in Monitor
- Manage clip zones - JBM
- Clip timeline and effects (will allow to open a project clip in a separate timeline and add effects to it) - JBM
- Edit clip properties
- Add MLT Playlist, Slideshow and Title clip types
- Clip jobs
- Set to full screen (double click)
- Switch between available modes (SDL / OpenGL / GLSL / QGraphicsScene)
- Overlay info messages
- Basic zone functionnality
- Manage several zones / markers, display overlay info - JBM
- Play / loop zone
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Add settings dialog option to select single / dual monitor config and default display format (SDL, OpenGL, GLSL)
- Open basic MLT playlist
- Add clip to timeline
- All clip operations (move, cut, ...) - framework is partially there
- Track operations
- Should we use MLT presets?
- Add config dialog to select source
- Add Multi consumer to save recording to file
- Port StopMotion widget, using the new Scene Mode so that we can use all QGraphicsView features.
- Adjust them to the new framework