- phonon4qt5 is a feature and API equivalent library built against Qt 5 rather than Qt 4. Phonon4Qt5 is built from the same source; requires the cmake option PHONON_BUILD_PHONON4QT5 and a separate build directory from Qt 4.
- phonon4qt5 supports a backend preference system independent of platform plugins and completely implemented using Qt technology.
- phonon4qt5 integrates with Qt 5's QMake and can be used by setting QT += phonon4qt5 in your project file (please note that this may require building phonon4qt5 with -DPHONON_INSTALL_QT_EXTENSIONS_INTO_SYSTEM_QT=ON so that QMake finds the necessary files).
- For further information please have a look at the Phonon4Qt5 documentation.
- MediaSource(QString) is now deprecated, MediaSource(QUrl) should be used instead.
- New build option PHONON_ASSERT_STATES to debug incoherent or incorrect state changes from the backend.
- Documentation cleanup.
- Normalized internal QObject connections.
- Experimental support for building libphonon using QMake; limited control over feature set and installation path.
- By default both official Phonon backends try to find a matching subtitle file for videos.
- Phonon's CMake build now uses CMake's own GNUInstallDirs which on most systems should correctly figure out where to put library files (in particular with regards to multi-architecture support on Linux). Should you wish to manually set the library installation path, please use CMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR rather than LIB_INSTALL_DIR from now on.
- Additional subtitle API (only partially backed by Phonon VLC - see FeatureMatrix) [#300967].
- BluRay support in libphonon (only backed by Phonon VLC) [#279822].
Backend Exclusive API Additions
- New AudioOutputInterface47 allowing backends to get the Phonon Pulseaudio stream mapping ID which can be used together with PulseSupport::streamProperties to prevent [#321288]. Requires PHONON_BACKEND_VERSION_4_7 to be defined as with all new interface versions.
- AudioOutput::setVolume can now be called before entering Phonon::Playing state regardless of whether PulseAudio is in use or not [#321172].
- Consecutive streams no longer override each other's PulseAudio stream mapping [#321288].
This page was last edited on 23 February 2018, at 15:35. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.