Usability discussions during the February Krita meeting
- move colors inside circle, move brush presets outside
- make left-clickable area with preview of selected color around the triangle: clicking will close the palette
- show presets using a single, tapering stroke
- kidney/fan-shape instead of circle?
- if we remove the context menu, we can put the palette under right click and pan under middle-click
Design for the brush settings toolbar:
[feature slider|flow slider|eraser toggle|engine combo|settings button]
The settings button should show:
* icon | preset name or "Custom" | v
- have a scratchpad area that is pannable, shows either the current layer, a gradient or white area (selectable) to try the brush on. Optionally, record the user's last stroke and rerender whenever the settings change.
- put the scratchpad to the right
- use super-cool 10-100-1000 slider instead of current cornucopia of sliders
- make popup tear-offable into a modeless, tool-type dialog
- first, per paintop presents, search bar on top of preset list with a checkbox to enable searching in all presets
- unique presets (operator==)
- use scratchpad for preset preview
- edit preset: save changes, remove old preset
- start working from no presets
- paintop combo, popup with two tabs
- spec tagging carefully, see gimp tagging spec (gsoc)
- it must be possible to start from a blank slate --
- no date in preset list, maybe tooltip. Also: menu option to clean out duplicate presets
- use toggle buttons, not tabs for the brush tips
- it is not good, especially not on _big_ screens, but we don't have much choice right now
- hide/remove the gallery.
- make it a tool-type window
- docker: not possible
- boudewijn insists on 1024x768 -- but peter has good arguments for making it 1280x1024. Do we aim for widescreen? We need with every choice determine whether dual-screen would make it even better.
We currently have a input box with drop down slider, as well as lots of unmarked sliders. We need to spec a new slider with the following properties:
- show state as a fill
- move the state to the position the user clicks inside the slider
- change state by tilt
- allow manual input of numbers
- no drop-down
- remove COPY composite mode from the user's view
- brush size slider: change diameter/scale for current brush for preset
This page was last modified on 7 July 2010, at 10:20. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.