Kup Backup System
Sponsor: Nate Graham
Backup scheduler integrated into Plasma that offers both synchronized and versioned backups for easy safekeeping of personal files.
Manifesto Compliance Plan
- Open Governance: The project has a tradition of discussing proposed changes with interested users (bug reporters)
- Free Software: All parts of Kup are under GPL2+ to ensure they stay free. The source repo, which is currently hosted on Github.com, will be migrated to KDE's infrastructure.
- Inclusivity: Have already welcomed help from many translators and packagers. Accepts that KDE gives write access for any KDE developer.
- Innovation: Committed to keep trying to find better solutions, invite and consider all proposals for improvements.
- Common ownership: Moving this project to KDE umbrella is motivated partly by finding others to share ownership with.
- End-user focus: I believe a big reason why Kup is already popular despite almost zero marketing is the effort on guiding decisions based on how the software is actually used in practice.
|DONE||Project description||See above|
|DONE||Project team||See above|
|DONE||Manifesto compliance plan||See above|
|DONE||Repository and code available (in playground)||https://invent.kde.org/kde/kup/|
|DONE||Mailing list available||[email protected]|
|DONE||Website available (if applicable)||https://kde.org/applications/en/utilities/org.kde.kup (currently broken due to known issue with the website)|
This page was last edited on 2 June 2020, at 19:32. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.