welcomes you to KDE project!
Welcome to the home page of the KDE Incubator. Here you can find our incubation process and the list of currently incubated projects.
You can also find the notes which led to the current process.
What do we provide to a project which got through the joining process?
- FLA availability
- Infrastructure (repos, ml, forums) (use sysadmin ticket system to request)
- Support (forum staff, promotion)
- Rest of the community aware of the coming projects (likely a mailing list)
- GSoC/GCI slots
- KDE Trademark
- Be invited to events
What do we require from a successfully integrated project?
- Compliance with the manifesto
- Governance similar to the other KDE projects
- Healthy team (metrics needed)
- Bus number
- Volunteer/paid proportions
- Community issues (on-going? regularly?)
- Learn how to teach/mentor
- Clear product vision
- Visited/contributed to other related projects
- Uses English for code and communication
- Continuity agreement must be in place with KDE e.V. for domains and trademarks if the authors disappear
- Be present at events
This page was last modified on 26 January 2019, at 02:12. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.