Sponsor: Albert Astals Cid
A third-party Homebrew repo (tap), that allows to install KDE software on macOS systems.
Yurii Kolesnykov is the only active contributor, but there is also some seasoned contributors from time to time.
Manifesto Compliance Plan
- We plan to perform discussion via GitLab tickets and #kde-devel chatroom. We also plan to use existing [email protected] mailing list.
- Homebrew KDE is licensed under BSD 2-Clause License. According to KDE Licensing Policy BSD 2-clause is acceptable.
- We started migration to KDE's GitLab as ykolesnykov/homebrew-kde, but more recent commits still need to be ported.
- Anyone is free to contribute, and anyone can use it.
- KDE is still new and very experimental on Mac systems and it provides an easy install process for Mac users. More technical part of Mac users is already have Homebrew installed, which is one best package managers for Mac.
- Anyone can help out, anyone can contribute, report bugs, active contributors may request write rights.
- Homebrew KDE tries to make enrollment to it and installation of KDE software as easy as possible and automates all hard routine work under the hood.
|DONE||Project description||see above|
|DONE||Project team||see above|
|DONE||Manifesto compliance plan||see above|
|DONE||Repository and code available (in playground)||homebrew-kde|
|DONE||Mailing list available (if applicable)||Will use kde-mac mailing list|
|DONE||Website available (if applicable)||No website for now other than invent and Mac/MacPorts_Fink_Homebrew|
|DONE||Active community||It's not huge, but this is not a code dump, so we're good :)|
|DONE||Manifesto compliance||Done, all the items from Manifesto Compliance Plan are in place|