- 1 Falkon (formerly QupZilla)
Falkon (formerly QupZilla)
Sponsor: Christoph Cullmann <[email protected]>
QupZilla is a QtWebEngine based cross-platform web browser.
During the Akademy 2017 Konqueror BoF, the ex-maintainer of Konqueror, David Faure, proposed to integrate QupZilla into KDE in order to replace the aging Konqueror. (His reasoning is that QupZilla is already much more advanced in terms of webbrowsing features, and there is almost nobody working in Konqueror, so there is no point in duplicating efforts).
During incubation new name "Falkon" was chosen.
Manifesto Compliance Plan
At the moment development/bugtracking/... happens on github:
The maintainer ok'd that this is moved over to KDE infrastructure during the incubation and the normal commit rights apply.
No barrier known toward the contributors.
Using state-of-the-art web rendering engine, providing a cross-platform browser. Nothing too innovative but something at the moment missing in the KDE Applications.
All clear no known barrier, anyone can contribute directly.
Web browser => clearly targeted to our normal userbase
- Code of Conduct: TODO
- Contributor License Agreement: none
- Established practices: QMake + Qt like most, code reviews except for most active core contributors
- Source materials are be hosted on our git infrastructure, https://cgit.kde.org/falkon.git/
- Online services, not on KDE infrastructure:
- website TODO: (daily backup on KDE)
- KDE Licensing policy: TODO
- KDE branding guidelines: no reference to KDE yet
- No patents (as far as known)
No brainer, already participating in Randa, posting on planet, etc.
|DONE||Manifesto compliance plan|
|DONE||Repository and code needs to be migrated||https://cgit.kde.org/falkon.git/|
|DONE||Mailing list available||https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/falkon|
|DONE||Active community||Is there, see successful interaction with e.g. translation/VDG team|
|DONE||Manifesto compliance||Project is active with normal workflow since months this is done|