KDE Frameworks 5 and Plasma 2 co-installability
It should be possible to install a kde frameworks 5 runtime alonside a kdelibs 4 runtime so apps can use either one
Many paths have changed by default so there is no clash
- kdelibs 4 CONFIG_INSTALL_DIR: /usr/share/config
- kf5 CONFIG_INSTALL_DIR: /etc/xdg
- kdelibs 4 DATA_INSTALL_DIR: /usr/share/apps
- kf5 DATA_INSTALL_DIR: /usr/share
HTML_INSTALL_DIR does clash as /usr/share/doc/HTML to allow khelpcentre to find docs from both kdelibs4 land and kf5 land
Plasma Next coinstallability page
The libraries are co-installable, but the daemon is not.
- libkactivities/qt5 requires kactivitymanagerd/qt5
- libkactivities/qt4 works with both kactivitymanagerd/qt4 and kactivitymanagerd/qt5 (though, the later is advised since it is more stable)
In order to build only the library part of kactivities/qt4, you can pass -DKACTIVITIES_LIBRARY_ONLY=true to cmake. libkactivities/qt4 works with the qt5 version of the daemon.
This page was last modified on 18 September 2014, at 13:35. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.