- 1 Girish's requirements
- 2 Inge's requirements
- 3 Ganesh's requirements
- 4 Pierre's requirements
- 5 Summary and status
- View changes easily - The changes must be shown near the place where the change was actually made. This makes it easier to read without moving the eye too much.
- Print document with changes
- Show/hide change operation must not be part of undo/redo stack
- Pass changes to another viewer who is online?
- View changes easily -- inline or not isn't that important
- Be able to print the changes
- options to only print changes (maybe with some context) or only pages with changes would be nice.
- Finalize changes individually or in groups.
- In sequential order they were made
- In sequential order in the document
- Ability to record/stop-record changes.
- Ability to add a comment as to why the change was made.
- Ability to record who made the change and when the change was made.
- View changes easily - Option to select the part of the document for which changes need to be shown.
- Doesn't matter whether show/hide changes is added onto the undo stack.
- View who/when/why details of a change
- Ability to accept/reject changes immediately without having to go somewhere else ( like having a button as a a overlay for the change ).
- Integration with Google Wave ????
- Completeness of the tracked editing actions.
- Have all ODF metadata about the change (author, date/time, eventual comment.
- Be able to also have information about what changed in formatting. NOT PART OF ODF.
- View changes easily - viewing should be self explanatory and not get in the way of the document viewing/editing
- Show/hide should not be an undo/redo action
- Detailed information about change can be viewed when a change tracking tool is active. On normal editing tool, basic information only (the document should look like the "real" document
- Level of detail about a change is accessible depending on authorization (user X may see that an insertion change was made but not by who).
- Accept/reject changes can be made from the change tracking tool only.
- Ability to do group accept/reject.
- Ability to add comments to changes.
- Ability to group several changes into one "meta-change".
- Authorization for accepting/rejecting changes.
Summary and status
|View changes easily||Change regions and type must be obvious and close to the location of the change||High||Basic UI||The display of delete change should be revised. Show/hide should not be an undo action|
|View changes metadata||Display author/date/comments of the changes||High||Basic UI|
|High/low level of details in viewing metadata||Only basic info is displayed with the text editing tool active. High level with the change tracking tool||Middle||Not started|
|User authorisation for viewing||Implement an authorisation system to control who can see what level of detail||Low||Not started|
|Print the changes||Ability to print document with/without the change information and metadata||Low||Not started||Options to only print changes (maybe with some context) or only pages with changes|
|Record/Stop record||Ability to toggle change tracking on/off||High||Done|
|Completeness of the tracked actions||All editing actions should be tracked||High||In progress|
|Provide all ODF metadata for changes||author, date, comments||High||Foundations in place, UI to be finished|
|Saving of formatting change||Save also what formatting was changed||Middle||Not foreseen by ODF spec. Will need to find a mechanism|
|Change tracking tool||Tool to manage changes, like accept/reject, ...||High||Foundations in place, UI to be finished|
|Quick access to accept/reject||"Inline" accepting/rejecting||Middle||Not started||Should still require the change tracking tool to be active|
|Group accept/reject||Batch processing||Low||Not started|
|Merge changes||Ability to merge several changes in one||Low||Not started|
|Authorisation for accept/reject||Implement an authorisation system for the management of changes||Low||Not started|
This page was last edited on 18 December 2010, at 23:11. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.