Are you potential contributor interested to join? Please read.
Hello and Welcome!
Software Engineering Skills
It helps if a new Calligra software engineering has:
- good C++ knowledge
- Qt development skills
- Practice of KDE applications development is optional.
- Some experience of using version control systems (git or svn) is welcome
Specific knowledge is not required but may be useful for certain tasks. For example graphics processing for Krita or database technologies for Kexi.
Linux/Unix/Mac OS X and MS Windows developers are welcome but please note that x86 Linux is the development environment of most Calligra developers.
It would be nice to contact the Calligra team (or specifically: Kexi) and answer general questions listed below. That would help to proceed faster but it's not required if you feel unsafe about it. Also, feel free to write something more.
- What projects have you contributed to (type of projects, provide links if possible)?
- What are your skills such as C++ development, Qt Framework, KDE Development Frameworks, Software design, GUI design, testing, project management, marketing, writing
- Do you have specific skills you'd like to utilize while contributing, like graphics processing or database knowledge?
- Is there specific Calligra app or library or feature that you'd be interested (or you have not decided yet)?
- How much time for the project would you have? (examples: 4 hours twice a week, or weekends)
Additional information is welcome too:
- are you student or full time employee?
- have you got permanent internet connection?
- do you speak/read/type (at least) "internet" English?
Then you would want to study quite a bit and look around.
You can study information on how to develop/contribute on Calligra wiki pages, especially:
- How to build Calligra from the source code, that's the first step
- Contributing a Patch
- How to report bug.
Depending on your skills you can in particular look at the Junior Jobs page. It's rather incomplete, so ask maintainer of give application for more.
Should any question arise don't hesitate to ask!
This page was last modified on 8 December 2014, at 13:47. This page has been accessed 5,476 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 as well as the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2