Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Recent labs (P4 3.2Ghz HT / 2Gb RAM / SATA Bring-your-own-drive / PXE)
- About 30 computers per lab
- Huge internet backbone
- Everyone gets a public IP address
- Projectors for presentations, and Wii (modded with all games:P) party !
- Hosted in a college (Maisonneuve's College www.cmaisonneuve.qc.ca)
- Near a subway station, access to the entire city for cheap, with a weekly pass
- Warm weather in summer ... Pool party at Paleo's place !
- Would be possible to stay at Paleo's place too, with tents.
- Else, there are a bunch of cheap hostel.
- What else ?
- Only Paleo is nearby, and I'm not even THAT important for the meeting (Only taking care of server stuff)
- MIT probably has some computers; more IP addresses then China
- We can volunteer Jeff to hook us up with a computer lab. lfranchi won't be there, but he might also be able to reserve us a lab and space.
- Foreboy, Hydrogen, Jeff are all nearby
- Fairly expensive (probably still cheaper then Europe)
- Akademy 30th June to 7th July 2007
- cool to hang out with other KDE folks, see some talks
- cheap airline flight for all european devs
- William Wallace
- The English
Good or bad?
- funding from KDE e.V. would either be easier (they actually had money left over last time) or more problematic
- seems like we could apply as a group, point out that we have ~$6000 that we'd be willing to spend ourselves (matching?)
- not sure if the laptopless would have computers (those who attended past akademy's fix this)
- The British Pound (two USD per pound!)
- Beer and chocolate.
- Can be organised by Bart and Wendy, with help from KDE-NL
- Need a good location for both accommodation and computer labs. Have both, just not very close together. --Bart--
This page was last edited on 14 December 2012, at 11:00. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.