Developers interested to join, please read.
Hello and Welcome.
- Recommended skills for Calligra software developers are:
- C++ advanced knowledge
- Qt development skills
- Practice of development for KDE are welcome
Specific knowledge like graphics processing for Krita or database-related knowledge for Kexi is not required but may be a plus for some tasks.
Linux/Unix/Mac OS X and MS Windows developers are welcome but please note that x86 Linux is the development environment of most (if not all) Calligra Developers.
Please write to the email@example.com mailing list and answer these generic questions that would help to proceed:
- what projects have you contributed to (type of projects, provide links if possible)?
- what are your skills regarding to: C++, Qt Framework, KDE Development Frameworks
- do you have specific skills like graphics processing or database knowledge?
- how much time for the project have you got? (examples: 4 hours twice a week, or weekends)
Additional information is welcome:
- are you student or full time developer?
- have you got permanent internet connection?
- do you speak/read/type (at least) "internet" english?
You would need to study quite a bit and look around.
You can study information on how to develop/contribute on Calligra wiki pages, especially the Getting Started section and how to build Calligra from the source code or how to report bug.
Please also see the Calligra Academy, a formal training programme.
And depending on your skills you can in particular look at the Junior Jobs page.
Should any question arise please ask on the calligra-devel mailing list.
This page was last modified on 6 February 2013, at 20:58. This page has been accessed 1,982 times. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 as well as the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2