- 1 Presentation of the project
- 2 Zanshin's Context
- 3 Zanhin User Stories
- 3.1 Inbox and base editing
- 3.2 Projects and task hierarchy basics
- 3.3 Complete base workflow
- 3.4 Base workflow convenience
- 3.5 Context basics
- 3.6 Context conveniences / Complete projects 1
- 3.7 Complete contexts 1 / Complete projects 2
- 3.8 = Workday view basics
- 3.9 Renku User stories
- 3.10 = Complete notes/tags / Task advanced edition bases
- 3.11 Munich
- 4 Renku User Stories
- 5 Mockups
Presentation of the project
Zanshin is trying to provide a software support for the "Getting things done" approach of David Allen. It integrates very well in the KDE environment using Akonadi as a main back-end to store you personal information, providing strong integration with KMail or KOrganizer. Zanshin is targeting tasks management, but in order to provide a note management aspect, Renku, a standalone application is born along the development process. Both are complementary and help the user to keep track of his todo's activities.
Context is a meta-data concept. Since todos/tasks can be related, for instance, to a specific project, it would be nice to express this semantic link : that's where Context rises up. You, as a user, will be able to link any kind of context name to a todo, helping you to organize and give the semantic you want them to have.
Akonadi Backend : The context concept is stored into akonadi through the Akonadi Tag. An item holds a list of Tag that have a name and can be from different types. As a convention, a tag with the custom type "zanshin-context" would be zanshin related, its name, that will be displayed to the user, will depend on what the user as set.
Zanhin User Stories
Inbox and base editing
Projects and task hierarchy basics
Complete base workflow
Base workflow convenience
Context conveniences / Complete projects 1
Complete contexts 1 / Complete projects 2
= Workday view basics
Workday view convenience
- purge all completed task in order to clean my tasks lists
Renku User stories
Context are only in Zanshin and Tag are only in Renku
- As a user I want to filter tasks and notes by tag/context.
- As a user I want to sort by title, end-date, due-date : partially done
Task advanced edition + Delegation
- Can propose to someone a task delegation in order to offload work to someone else
- task get associated to a context corresponding to a person (find a way to display it)
- notification got sent to the person
- Technical story : Given a delegated task, when it gets modified the notification is sent to the relevant user
- As a user I want to delegate a task to another user.
- As a user I want to monitor progress of a delegated task (The progress updates are handled by iTip already).
- As a user I want to see tasks that I assigned to someone but have a visual distinction that I don't have to act on them directly.
- (As a user I want to accept or decline a task that was assigned to me.) => This is handled by kmail
Folder selection (same for notes and todos)
- As a user I want to see tasks in a selected folder
- As a user I want to see tasks from multiple selected folders
- As a user I want to maintain a list of visible although not necessarily selected folders, so I can quickly enabled the folders as required.
- As a user I want to search for new folders to enable, that will then appear in my folder list.
- As a user I want to remove folders from my currently visible list.
- As a user I want to create new folders
- As a user I want share my folders with other users
- As a user I want to see to whom a shared folder belongs.
Renku User Stories
Draft UI Mockups, not final.