Context is a meta-data concept. Since todos/tasks can be related, for instance, to a specific project, it would be nice to express this semantic link : that's where Context rises up. You, as a user, will be able to link any kind of context name to a todo helping you to organize and give the semantic you want them to have.
Akonadi Backend : The context concept is stored into akonadi through the Akonadi Item Tag. An item holds a list of Tag that have a name and can be from diffents type. As a convention, a tag related to the type "context" would be zanshin related, its name, that will be displayed to the user, will depend on what the user as set.
Requirements for Zanshin in the User-Story format, sorted by priority.
- display the inbox in order to see the notes and task which need to be orginazed (e.g. any task or note not associated to any project, context or topic) - create task by typing a title in the Inbox in order to collect ideas while reflecting on my life - mark a task as completed in order to have a warm feeling about getting it done - delete a simple task so it is removed in order to clean old useless tasks - modify the due date in order to know when the task has to be completed
- Associate a task to a project (associated to only one project) - Select project to see the notes and tasks it contains - Create project - Associate a task to a task ( only one parent task )
- Dissociate a task to a task - deleting (mom) task with all its children set in order to clean old useless tasks, in such case the user will be warned - Filter out tasks which do not match by title nor text in order to find specific tasks - can visually distinguish critical tasks that have past the due date with adifferent aspect in order to have them stand out
- create a task from Krunner by typing a title in order not to forget the current idea I'm having. - create task by typing its title in a project area in order to refine my project steps - modify a title of a task in order to fix a typo or refine its definition - can see tasks that need to be done for today with a different aspects in order to have them stand out
- select a context in order to see all its associated tasks - Create a context - Display the Context view in order to see all exisiting contexts - Associate a task to a context in order to describe the task ressources (can be a person)
- create task by typing its title from the context view in order to - add faster a task associated to a context - keep task without natural project ( recurrent task for instance) - Delete project ( delete all its content )
- Delete a context (if a task isn't associated with any context or project, it is not deleted but sent to the inbox) - Associate a context to a parent context ( Warning : topic can have only one parent context ) - Rename a project - Dissociate a task from a context in order to fix a mistake - Dissociate a task from a project (associated to only one project) - Rename a context
- Dissociate a context from a context
- Display the Topic view in order to see all exisiting topics - Associate an existing note to a project (associated to only one project) - Associate a note to a topic in order to organize knowledge - Select a topic in order to see all its associated notes - create note by typing a title from the Inbox in order to collect knowledge - Create a topic
- Associate an existing note to a project (associated to only one project) - modify the text of the task in order to save details about a task or add additionnal informations - Rename a topic - modify a text of the note in order to save details about a note or add additionnal informations - Delete a topic (if a note isn't associated with any topic or project, it is not deleted but sent to the inbox)
- create note by typing its title in a project area in order to collect project specific knowledge - create note by typing its title in a topic area in order to organize personal knowledge around this topic - Dissociate a note from a topic in order to fix a mistake - modify a title of a note in order to fix a typo or refine its definition
- display a workday view (start date or due date in the past) in order to know what I'm supposed to do - modify the start date of tasks for today in order to have them plan from today (today view for instance)
- modify the start date of a task in order to schedule it for a given day - Filter out task with a start in the future in order to focus on what I should work on now - filter out completed task views in order to focus on what is remaining only
- Associate a topic to a topic ( Warning : topic can have only one parent topic ) - Dissociate a topic from a topic in order to fix a mistake - purge all completed task in order to clean my tasks lists
- modify the progress infomation of a task in percent in order to roughly know how much work is left - modify the duration information of a task in order to give a estimation on this workload - Can propose to someone a task delegation in order to offload work to someone else - task get associated to a context corresponding to a person - notification got sent to the person - Technical story : Given a delgated task, when it gets modified the notification is sent to the relevant user