SoK/2024/StatusReport/Sarthak Negi

From KDE Community Wiki
Revision as of 00:46, 7 February 2024 by Sarthak (talk | contribs) (Created page with "<h1>Testing and development of KEcoLab</h1> '''Project Type''': Planning and scripting '''Introduction and Abstract''': Sustainability is a key goal for KDE over the next two years. One aspect of this goal is to measure the energy consumption of KDE softwares. To do this, it is necessary to access lab in KDAB, Berlin, which can be done remotely using KEcoLab. '''Mentor''': Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss, Karanjot Singh <h3>Weekly Progress</h3> '''WEEK 1 - 2''': I've estab...")
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Testing and development of KEcoLab

Project Type: Planning and scripting

Introduction and Abstract: Sustainability is a key goal for KDE over the next two years. One aspect of this goal is to measure the energy consumption of KDE softwares. To do this, it is necessary to access lab in KDAB, Berlin, which can be done remotely using KEcoLab.

Mentor: Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss, Karanjot Singh

Weekly Progress

WEEK 1 - 2: I've established Selenium on three virtual machines (Kubuntu, Fedora, Ubuntu) for simultaneous testing. I conducted thorough KecoLab testing, identifying and reporting bugs to enhance its quality. Proactive communication was initiated with the Okular team for pipeline integration and with KdeEcoTest contributors regarding Wayland support timelines. Additionally, Also, resolved the dynamic IP issue for Powemeter access, streamlining testing processes.