< Promo | Guidance
Revision as of 13:22, 16 May 2011 by Neomantra (Created page with '== User Glossary == * KDE – the community of contributors and users of KDE Software * KDE software – the software created by the KDE community, including applications, works...')
- KDE – the community of contributors and users of KDE Software
- KDE software – the software created by the KDE community, including applications, workspaces, and development platform
- KDE applications – the applications built on the KDE on the platform
- Software Compilation – the applications, workspaces and development framework which adheres to a centralized bi-annual release schedule
- Activity – ???
- Widget – Micro applications that are always running directly on the desktop, the panel or on the dashboard
- Dashboard -
- Plasma – the name of the team that creates workspaces targeted at different devices.
- Plasma Active - ??? an extension of Plasma that is focused on customized/scalable user experiences for all devices ???
- Plasma Mobile – a KDE workspace customized for mobile devices
- Plasma Netbook – a KDE workspace customized for netbook devices
- Plasma Desktop – a Kde workspace customized for desktop devices
- Planet KDE – a web site which aggregates the blog postings of all contributors to the KDE community
- Panel – an area within a Plasma workspace which is attached to an edge of your screen and which contains widgets
- Cashew – see Desktop Toolbox
- Desktop Toolbox – a tool for controlling to your Plasma workspace which grants access to configuration options and allows for adding widgets and panels
- Sprint – a detailed, focused working meeting where members of a KDE team meet in person to address a defined agenda (andkjw you getj drunzdk)
Get Hot New Stuff – a web service that allows users to easily download and manage new content for KDE software such wallpapers, themes, application add-ons, etc.
- Krunner – a swiss army knife widget which allows quick access to a wide variety of functionality including application launching, searching, and calculations
- Kmenu (see application launcher)
- K button (see application launcher)
- Application Launcher – a widget which provides easy access to launching applications and the contents of your computer
- Camp KDE
- Desktop Summit
- KDE libs
- KDE platform
- KDE development framework
- KDE base
- Phonon (mention xine/vlc)
- Qt Quick
- Code of Conduct
- Blackhole (maybe something else now?)
- KDE review
- open collaboration services
This page was last edited on 16 May 2011, at 13:22. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.