This page is for the coordination of the release parties.
Generally we just party, of course, but there are a few things for which we might benefit from each other. For example, feel free to add to the tips section!
Release Parties near YOU!
You can find a list of upcoming release parties going on at the KDE Plasma 5.1 page.
Previous Release Parties
- KDE Release 4.10
- KDE Release 4.9
- KDE Release 4.8
- KDE Release 4.7
- KDE Release 4.6
- KDE Release 4.5
- KDE Release 4.4
It would be very cool if each party would be able to write a short (blog-like) report and have a few photos send to the kde-promo at kdeorg mailinglist... We'll then put them in a dot story.
Organizing your own
Have a look at the openSUSE launch party how-to for tips and tricks on organizing your party!
Some promo material for older release parties which can be adapted: http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/promo/graphics/kde44-release-party-generic-folder/kde44-release-party-generic-folder.tar.gz
We might be able to get you some party stuff. No promises though as it might be hard to ship it to you. Below we first create a list of things which should be cool to have. Below that a list of release parties which would want some. We can then ask the e.V. for support. Ask Claudia for details.
(all of the above need to be a bit more specific)
Tips & Tricks
Feel free to add any tips and tricks on having a successful (release)party below!
- Get beer!
- Try to prepare workshops, people love it
- Make sure you add a link to a map on OpenStreetMap to your release party listing so people can find you
- Don't forget to take photos during the party. Group photo at the end is also nice to make.
- Blog about it, talk about it on microbloging services (identi-ca, twitter...)
- Add it to the events list for your LUG and other events list around the internet
- Inform local newspapers/computer magazines about it
- Play Free Music =)