Plasma Active is a workspace ("User Experience") specially designed for Active computers. The user experience is designed around social networks, the web and multimedia content.
Plasma Active runs on the proven Linux desktop stack, including the Linux kernel, D-Bus, Xorg, Qt and KDE's Plasma Framework. The user interface is designed using Qt Quick, a declarative markup language allowing for organic user interface design. Plasma Active uses existing and proven Free desktop technology and brings it to tablet devices through a touch-friendly user interface. Existing Plasma Widgets can be used on Plasma Active as well as newly developed ones. In Plasma Active, the user experience is the key driver for its development. Development and extension is made easy by high-level development tools and easy collaboration.
The following pages provide answers to conceptual and practical or organisational questions you might have:
- Grand Master Plan
- Conceptual overview, high-level docs, other fuzzy logic
- Building and contributing to plasma tablet, development workflow and release management
- Instructions to get goin' (with testing)
- Hardware tested, setup instructions
- Key Features
- Planned feature set and use cases
- Classification of applications running on Plasma Active
- Help shape Plasma Active!
- Contact details and more pointers
Plasma Active is currently at a conceptual stage. We have a proof-of-concept working on certain hardware, with a basically working shell, but an incomplete set of key applications. We welcome people to take part in this endeavour to make Plasma Active rock.