Incubator/Projects/Stopmotion: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
Line 29: Line 29:

List the actions planned to get in compliance with the manifesto. Don't hesitate to even list parts of the manifesto which don't require action and highlight why. This part will really be used as a discussion starting point with the project sponsor.
List the actions planned to get in compliance with the manifesto. Don't hesitate to even list parts of the manifesto which don't require action and highlight why. This part will really be used as a discussion starting point with the project sponsor.
=== Update May 2022 ===
{{Input|1=<nowiki>
I wrote a replacement of the build system [1], but did not feel confident for                                                                             
merging it. In the meantime I have been busy reanimating some 20+ year old                                                                                 
academic finite element code [2]. I learnt to use the GitLab CI system. I want                                                                             
to set this up for KStopmotion, too. That will help me replacing the build                                                                                 
system without breaking the code on other distributions.                                                                                                   

Actually, I was hoping to attract some developers and being able to interact a                                                                             
little bit more with them. I assume I have to write more code myself, make a                                                                               
release (in consultation with Tim Band), and do some more PR like writing on                                                                               
Planet KDE and such.                                                                                                                                       

Maybe it is also a good idea to migrate to Qt 6.2. It should not be that hard
and will help me get more familiar with our code base.
</nowiki>}}

== Sponsor Checklists ==
== Sponsor Checklists ==

Revision as of 13:19, 9 May 2022

KStopmotion / Linux-Stopmotion

Sponsor: Carl Schwan

Linux Stopmotion is a Free Open Source application to create stop-motion animations. It helps you capture and edit the frames of your animation and export them as a single file.

Direct capture from webcams, MiniDV cameras, and DSLR cameras. It offers onion-skinning, import images from disk, and time lapse photography. LSM supports multiple scenes, frame editing, basic sound track, animation playback at different frame rates, and GIMP integration for image. Movies can be exported to a file and to Cinelerra frame lists.

Technically, it is a C++ / Qt application with optional dependencies to camera capture libraries.

Discussions and changes during the incubation

• We evaluate to switch to CMake as the build system.
  • We renamed the application to KStopmotion, as Linux is trademarked.

Team

List the people committed to the project and actively working on it:

• Tim Band
  • Christoph Grüninger

Manifesto Compliance Plan

Update May 2022

I wrote a replacement of the build system [1], but did not feel confident for                                                                               
merging it. In the meantime I have been busy reanimating some 20+ year old                                                                                  
academic finite element code [2]. I learnt to use the GitLab CI system. I want                                                                              
to set this up for KStopmotion, too. That will help me replacing the build                                                                                  
system without breaking the code on other distributions.                                                                                                    

Actually, I was hoping to attract some developers and being able to interact a                                                                              
little bit more with them. I assume I have to write more code myself, make a                                                                                
release (in consultation with Tim Band), and do some more PR like writing on                                                                                
Planet KDE and such.                                                                                                                                        

Maybe it is also a good idea to migrate to Qt 6.2. It should not be that hard 
and will help me get more familiar with our code base.

Candidate ready

Status Description Notes
TO DO Project description ... <{{{3}}}>
DONE Project team see above
TO DO Manifesto compliance plan ... <{{{3}}}>

Incubating

Status Description Notes
DONE Repository and code available (in playground) 2021-04-13: Repository copied from SourceForge to https://invent.kde.org/multimedia/stopmotion
DONE Mailing list available 2021-04-28: Mailing list [email protected] created and started to use
TO DO Website available (if applicable) ... <{{{3}}}>
TO DO Active community ... <{{{3}}}>
TO DO Manifesto compliance ... <{{{3}}}>