Guidelines and HOWTOs/Debugging/Debugging IOSlaves/Debugging kio sftp
This page is a starting point for debugging kio_sftp. Please also read how to debug IO slaves generically.
When you point file manager to sftp://user@target, the sftp KIO slave uses libssh to open a connection to the sftp server.
If this is your first bug report please read the following document:
Then got to http://bugs.kde.org/ and create a bug report. Tell us:
- The KDE Frameworks and Dolphin version you're running
- The libssh version installed
- The sftp server version (e.g. the openssh version on the server)
- If you use ~/.ssh/config show us your special host config
- Provide log files if possible (see below)
KDE_FORK_SLAVES=1 dolphin --new-window YOUR_SFTP_URL
Logging with libssh debug output
To enable libssh debug messages in addition you have to set an additional environment variable:
KIO_SFTP_LOG_VERBOSITY=1 KDE_FORK_SLAVES=1 dolphin --new-window YOUR_SFTP_URL
Enable logging in openssh (server-side)
Sometimes it may be useful to enable logging on the server to get a more complete picture of what's going on.
Look for LogLevel and set it to:
Look for the sftp subsystem and appned
-l DEBUG it to:
Subsystem sftp /usr/lib64/ssh/sftp-server -l DEBUG