Back to basics: Difference between revisions

From KDE Community Wiki
mNo edit summary
mNo edit summary
Line 53: Line 53:

- Imposibility of removing "New Activity" plasmoid-button. Why I can't remove it if I don't use it?
- Imposibility of removing "New Activity" plasmoid-button. Why I can't remove it if I don't use it?
-No ability to remember individual position of each program in task manager

Revision as of 07:23, 7 December 2012

KDE has many desktops, one of them being mostly Mouse/Keyboard driven. What can we do to make the things we know work in this paradigm work even better? How can we make better use of the bigger screens today's desktops have? At the same time, how well does our desktop work with netbooks?

In order to make any serious improvement in "first impressions" we need to list those seemingly small details that "annoy the hell" out of users. Let's get started!

> Details to improve:

- If you change something in usability, do it with an option with checkbox - 50% of people brobably wouldn't like you idea of removing a feature that they use

MOUSE ISSEUS:

- Imposible to disablie right mouse button "hold effect". While clicking right button, unintended unexpected selecting of menu item may happen unpredictedly!!! It would be better to make selection rectangle with right button, like in MS Wndows R

- The same unintended unexpected thing may happen when selectng multiply files with SHIFT button: they may be accidently moved instead of just being selected

- When selecting a file with selection rectange, it may unselect, if rectangle accidently becomes 0 pixels height. It is necesary to prevent the rectangle from being reduced to zero, if it has been appeared

- If double click interval =0 (needed to prevent bug 298556) combobox is working only while mouse button is being hold

- There is an empty space (1 pix) between file name and file icon in file managers, clicking on wich does nothing. The problem is not only in "detailed view"

- Imposible to disable drag-n-drop for selected text

- Selected file with rectangle over file name and selected file with rectangle not over the name is not the same! if you select a file not over the name, pressing DELETE will delete underlined file but not selected!

- Screen Edge action "Show Desktop" repetes forever - all windows blink when cursor is already in the corner

- Imposibility of disabling wheel scrolling on task manager

MOUSE & KEYBOARD ISSEUS:

- Hotkeys don't work while submenu is opened!

- Imposibility of creating hotkey combinations such as META+wheel, META+CTRL, META+ALT, META+SHIFT

KEYBOARD ISSEUS:

- Deletion of files steals focus - I have to press UP then DOWN keys after each deletion

KWIN ISSEUS:

- If all windows are minimized, they are unminimizing when you start a new application

PLASMA  ISSEUS:

- Plasma elements such as Kickoff menu, battery info, calendar of clock widget don't remember their coordinates and sizes (Kockoff menu)

-No ability to remember individual position of each program in task manager

PANELS ISSEUS:

- No more ability to add separators in the beginning of dolphin's taskbar for creating free space before buttons

- Konqueror always shows hidden places after restart

- When you minimize an application with detached panel, the panel will not minimize with the program

———————————————————————————————

- KWallet asking three times for a password (wireless, IMAP email, POP email)

- Imposible to remember view mode for each directory without creating hiden files in them