Difference between revisions of "Akademy/2012/Thursday"

< Akademy‎ | 2012
Jump to: navigation, search
(Room 226)
(Room 409)
 
(25 intermediate revisions by 14 users not shown)
Line 5: Line 5:
  
  
=== Room 226 ===
+
=== Room 227 ===  
  
 
{| class="wikitable" border="1"
 
{| class="wikitable" border="1"
 
|-
 
|-
! Room 226
+
! Room 227
! seats 16
+
! seats 23
 
!  
 
!  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 22: Line 22:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 10:30  
 
| 10:30  
| KWin Development
+
| Walk the Extra Mile
| '''Host:''' Martin Gräßlin <[email protected]>
+
| '''Hosts:''' Aurélien Gâteau
'''Topics:''' An introduction to the KWin source base, how to get around the code and work on it.
+
 
|-
+
'''Topics:''' Set up an initiative to help KDE applications and workspaces "walk the extra mile" on the UI front.
| 12:30
 
| Lunch
 
|
 
|-
 
| 13:00
 
|
 
|
 
|-
 
| 14:00
 
|
 
|
 
|-
 
| 16:00
 
|
 
|
 
|-
 
| 18:00
 
|
 
|
 
|}
 
  
=== Room 227 ===
+
KDE products are awesome, but could often be made much more pleasant to use by just ironing out a few quirks here and there.
  
{| class="wikitable" border="1"
+
[[Akademy/2012/Extra_Mile_BoF|More details]]
 
|-
 
|-
! Room 227
+
| 12:30  
! seats 23
 
!
 
|-
 
! Time
 
! Subject
 
! Host/Notes
 
|-
 
| width="100pt" | 09:30  
 
| width="200pt" |
 
| width="400pt" |
 
|-
 
| 10:15
 
|
 
|
 
|-
 
| 12:15
 
 
| Lunch  
 
| Lunch  
 
|  
 
|  
 
|-
 
|-
| 13:45
+
| 14:00
|  
+
| KDE Edu BoF
|  
+
| '''Hosts:''' Aleix Pol <[email protected]>
 +
'''Topics:''' Topics of interest to KDE Edu. Generic exchange of ideas.
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 15:00  
 
| 15:00  
|  
+
| KDE PIM BoF
 
|  
 
|  
 
|-
 
|-
Line 105: Line 70:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 10:15  
 
| 10:15  
|  
+
| KDE Connect Team
|  
+
| Agustin Benito
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 11:30  
 
| 11:30  
|  
+
| Zanshin
|  
+
| Kevin Ottens
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 12:30  
 
| 12:30  
Line 117: Line 82:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 14:00  
 
| 14:00  
|  
+
| KDE Frameworks
|  
+
| Kevin Ottens and David Faure
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 15:00  
 
| 15:00  
|  
+
| KDE Frameworks
|  
+
| Kevin Ottens dying out of burn out
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 17:00  
 
| 17:00  
|  
+
| KDE Frameworks
|  
+
| Just David Faure, maybe some bits of Kevin lying around
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 18:00  
 
| 18:00  
|  
+
| KDE Frameworks
|  
+
| Who knows...
 
|}
 
|}
  
Line 146: Line 111:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| width="100pt" | 09:30  
 
| width="100pt" | 09:30  
| width="200pt" |  
+
| width="200pt" | KDE R&D policy draft
| width="400pt" |  
+
| width="400pt" | Dario Freddi <[email protected]>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 10:30  
 
| 10:30  
|  
+
| KDE R&D policy draft
|  
+
| Dario Freddi <[email protected]>
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 11:30  
 
| 11:30  
|  
+
| Release Team BoF
|  
+
| Albert Astals Cid & the Release Team
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 12:30  
 
| 12:30  
Line 178: Line 143:
 
* Part 3: API Review (~30 minutes)
 
* Part 3: API Review (~30 minutes)
 
** Discussion about the current API
 
** Discussion about the current API
 +
|-
 +
| 16:00
 +
| SLC on the different workspaces
 +
| Àlex Fiestas
 +
|-
 +
| 18:00
 +
| SLC on the different workspaces
 +
| Àlex Fiestas
 +
|}
 +
 +
=== Room 409 ===
 +
 +
{| class="wikitable" border="1"
 +
|-
 +
! Room 409
 +
! seats 16
 +
!
 +
|-
 +
! Time
 +
! Subject
 +
! Host/Notes
 +
|-
 +
| width="100pt" | 09:30
 +
| width="200pt" |
 +
| width="400pt" |
 +
|-
 +
| 10:30
 +
| KWin Development
 +
| '''Host:''' Martin Gräßlin <[email protected]>
 +
'''Topics:''' An introduction to the KWin source base, how to get around the code and work on it.
 +
|-
 +
| 12:30
 +
| Lunch
 +
|
 +
|-
 +
| 13:00
 +
| kdegames
 +
| '''Host:''' Stefan Majewsky <[email protected]>
 +
 +
'''Topics:''' Bring your questions concerning kdegames development and community, e.g. about the new [http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/Porting_to_libkdegames_v5 libkdegames iteration] (see also [[KDE Games/API cleanup]]).
 +
|-
 +
|14:00
 +
|-
 +
| 15:00
 +
| crowdquick
 +
| '''Host:''' Sivan Greenberg <[email protected]>
 +
 +
'''Topic:''' Transparent user interface deployment, feedback and rating of QML/HTML5/JS apps from the cloud. Read the brain dump spec here: [http://qt-project.org/groups/qt-contributors-summit-2011/wiki/CrowdQuick]
 +
Since I explored several ways of implementation, I'd like to discuss with interested parties:
 +
* Support on mobile devices.
 +
* Storage model in the cloud.
 +
* Engaging community to help.
 +
* KDE as the first beneficent of this, request from KDE people affecting design.
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 16:00  
 
| 16:00  
Line 188: Line 206:
 
|}
 
|}
  
=== Room 419 ===  
+
=== Room 410 ===  
  
 
{| class="wikitable" border="1"
 
{| class="wikitable" border="1"
 
|-
 
|-
! Room 419
+
! Room 410
 
! seats 25
 
! seats 25
 
!  
 
!  
Line 205: Line 223:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 10:30  
 
| 10:30  
|  
+
| Liquid democracy. Pirate politics – Free Software relationship
|  
+
| '''Hosts:''' Heiki "Repentinus" Ojasild <repentinus at fsfe dot org> (FSFE Fellow, local PP member), Eduardo Robles <edulix at wadobo dot com> (Spanish PIRATA cofounder, Agora Ciudadana voting project lead developer), Märt Põder <mart.poder at piraadipartei dot ee> (local PP board member).
 +
 
 +
'''Target audience:''' Anyone interested in liquid democracy systems and the relationship between pirate politics and Free Software in general.
 +
 
 +
'''What to bring along?''' An open mind and good ideas.
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 12:30
 
| 12:30
Line 213: Line 235:
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 13:00
 
| 13:00
|  
+
| Plasma Bug Workflow
|  
+
| '''Host:''' Martin Gräßlin <[email protected]>
 +
'''Topics:''' Better usage of bko in Plasma
 
|-
 
|-
 
| 14:00  
 
| 14:00  

Latest revision as of 21:32, 4 July 2012

BoF sessions on Thursday, July 5th 2012

All rooms have whiteboards and projectors.
Please put your name and email address in the Host/Notes section. There is no length limitation; text will wrap.


Room 227

Room 227 seats 23
Time Subject Host/Notes
09:30
10:30 Walk the Extra Mile Hosts: Aurélien Gâteau

Topics: Set up an initiative to help KDE applications and workspaces "walk the extra mile" on the UI front.

KDE products are awesome, but could often be made much more pleasant to use by just ironing out a few quirks here and there.

More details

12:30 Lunch
14:00 KDE Edu BoF Hosts: Aleix Pol <[email protected]>

Topics: Topics of interest to KDE Edu. Generic exchange of ideas.

15:00 KDE PIM BoF
16:00
18:00

Room 317

Room 317 seats 25
Time Subject Host/Notes
09:30
10:15 KDE Connect Team Agustin Benito
11:30 Zanshin Kevin Ottens
12:30 Lunch
14:00 KDE Frameworks Kevin Ottens and David Faure
15:00 KDE Frameworks Kevin Ottens dying out of burn out
17:00 KDE Frameworks Just David Faure, maybe some bits of Kevin lying around
18:00 KDE Frameworks Who knows...

Room 319

Room 319 seats 25
Time Subject Host/Notes
09:30 KDE R&D policy draft Dario Freddi <[email protected]>
10:30 KDE R&D policy draft Dario Freddi <[email protected]>
11:30 Release Team BoF Albert Astals Cid & the Release Team
12:30 Lunch
14:00

15:00

KDE Telepathy "Tubes" Workshop Hosts: Daniele E. Domenichelli <[email protected]>, David Edmundson <[email protected]> and Dario Freddi <[email protected]>

Target Audience: Developers who want to use Telepathy to add collaboration and/or multiplayer features to their applications.

Topics:

  • Part 1: Tutorial (~30 minutes)
    • IPC using Telepathy Tubes
      • Streamtubes
      • DBusTubes
    • Using Telepathy Tubes in KDE Applications
  • Part 2: Hacking session (~1 hour)
    • KDE Telepathy developers will help you enabling Tubes in your application.
  • Part 3: API Review (~30 minutes)
    • Discussion about the current API
16:00 SLC on the different workspaces Àlex Fiestas
18:00 SLC on the different workspaces Àlex Fiestas

Room 409

Room 409 seats 16
Time Subject Host/Notes
09:30
10:30 KWin Development Host: Martin Gräßlin <[email protected]>

Topics: An introduction to the KWin source base, how to get around the code and work on it.

12:30 Lunch
13:00 kdegames Host: Stefan Majewsky <[email protected]>

Topics: Bring your questions concerning kdegames development and community, e.g. about the new libkdegames iteration (see also KDE Games/API cleanup).

14:00
15:00 crowdquick Host: Sivan Greenberg <[email protected]>

Topic: Transparent user interface deployment, feedback and rating of QML/HTML5/JS apps from the cloud. Read the brain dump spec here: [1] Since I explored several ways of implementation, I'd like to discuss with interested parties:

  • Support on mobile devices.
  • Storage model in the cloud.
  • Engaging community to help.
  • KDE as the first beneficent of this, request from KDE people affecting design.
16:00
18:00

Room 410

Room 410 seats 25
Time Subject Host/Notes
09:30
10:30 Liquid democracy. Pirate politics – Free Software relationship Hosts: Heiki "Repentinus" Ojasild <repentinus at fsfe dot org> (FSFE Fellow, local PP member), Eduardo Robles <edulix at wadobo dot com> (Spanish PIRATA cofounder, Agora Ciudadana voting project lead developer), Märt Põder <mart.poder at piraadipartei dot ee> (local PP board member).

Target audience: Anyone interested in liquid democracy systems and the relationship between pirate politics and Free Software in general.

What to bring along? An open mind and good ideas.

12:30 Lunch
13:00 Plasma Bug Workflow Host: Martin Gräßlin <[email protected]>

Topics: Better usage of bko in Plasma

14:00 Plasma Media Center BoF Hosts: Shantanu Tushar <[email protected]>, Sinny Kumari <[email protected]>

Who: Anyone who would like to help with realizing the dream of KDE's own Media Center. May it be code, suggestions, mockups, graphics - we need you!

Intro Talk: PMC has a very flexible architecture and allows you to write custom plugins, we will have a short intro about that as well :)

Topics:

  • It works, what next?
  • Usability improvements
  • Architecture Review
  • Writing plugins for PMC
  • PMC on other platforms
  • Getting ready for Qt5 and QtQuick 2

Info: http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Plasma_Media_Center

16:00
18:00

Other BoF Days

Monday's BoF schedule

Wednesday's BoF schedule

Friday's BoF schedule


This page was last edited on 4 July 2012, at 21:32. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.