Release Team/Release Process Responsibilities
KDE SC Release Packaging Responsibilities
The KDE Continuous Integration (CI) System
1. all the KDE SC modules are built continuously 2. no packaging unless all modules build ok (even better would be to force all make tests too) 3. the packaging tools run on the CI system generating "test" tarballs 4. the "test" tarballs could be downloaded from the CI system 5.
The KDE Sysadmin Team
1. provides and manages the CI system 2. will transfer "test" tarballs to the public ftp site 3. prepares the public ftp site for bandwidth requirements at release announce time 4.
The KDE Promo Team
1. writes and distributes release announcements through normal channels 2. deals with the media 3. manages public expectations 4.
The KDE i18n Team
1. maintains the languages list 2.
The KDE Release Team
1. coordinates the entire release effort 2. sets release milestones and dates 3. communicates important dates to the community and to distros 4. communicates important news to the community and to distros 5. creates "test" tarballs using the CI system and handles distro feedback 6. adds hot and security patches to the tarballs before the final release 7. creates "final" tarballs using the CI system 8. pushes tags to the module repositories in a timely manner 9. writes and maintains the necessary tools 10. writes and maintains the release process documentation
This page was last edited on 11 March 2016, at 18:11. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.