This page describes todos and ideas regarding the data management service which will become the new central data hub in Nepomuk for KDE 4.7.
The code can be found in a git scratch repository.
- Finalize definition of the resource watcher interface and implement it.
- Add more tests to check the correct behaviour in combination with metadata (nao:lastModified, nao:created, nao:creator)
- Make sure metadata sharing can be easily supported via this API.
- QUESTION: Should we allow to add properties to a non-existing resource that is not a file, ie. a resource that does not have a type?
- For properties with cardinality 1: if "p2 rdf:subPropertyOf p1" and "r p1 v1" then setProperty(r, p2, v2) should remove "r p1 v1".
Resource Watcher Idea
So a watcher would allow to specify a set of resources, a set of properties, and a set of types where the following combinations make sense:
- Only resources are set:
- Signals about property changes of the configured resources and deletion of the resources.
- Resources and properties are set:
- Signals about property changes of the configured resources and the configured properties.
- Only properties are set:
- Signals for any property change that involves the configured properties.
- Only types are set:
- Signals about newly created or deleted resources of any of the configured types. (Possible variant via flag or whatever: Signals about property changes for any resource of any of the configured types.)
- Types and properties set:
- Signals about property changes for any of the configured properties on any resource of any of the configured types.