things left to do
- migrate settings form ~/.kde(4) to ~/.local, see https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Porting_Notes#Migrating_configuration
- move oldcpp out of kdevelop
- merge kdev-clang into kdevelop (?)
- make it possible to install both
- integrate KTextEditor plugins, hide those we do not want
- release kdev-qmljs, kdev-qmake, kdev-ruby (?), kdev-css (?)
- add include helper
- code completion in cached file must recreate TU for clang API
- remove oldcpp
- not even keep it around for installing both
- we'll keep .kdev4 in project files and config folder names
- we'll add migration code
- shortcuts: streamline them, desirable. but try to keep compatibility if possible by setting old shortcut as alternative. maybe offer the possibility to import old shortcuts via kxmlgui (which is broken?, but could be fixed/done). while at it: add emacs, vim, visual studio short cut sets etc.
- also: make sure to document new shortcuts
- for the release announcement of beta 1:
- market it as a tech preview, still api can be changed
- clearly document regressions and new features - why is it better, even though some wizards/features got removed, and why is it still OK to go ahead with this functionality
- create an ehterpad for the release announcements
- ktexteditor plugin integration:
- blacklist a few plugins: project, gdb, ...
- enable some by default: file browser, snippets, search & replace
- make sure functionality is equivalent, port features from kdevelop to kate as needed
- include paths and defines
- look for siblings as a fallback
- make sure the custom make file stuff is working, esp. the makeresolver
- wizards for project managers
- we need the technology, waiting e.g. for upstream cmake
- they are not that high-priority anyways, simple things are simple to do by hand, hard things are impossible to do by wizard
- see also our vision
- windows support
- yes please!
- we need documentation on how to build it -> script? wiki page?
- more people are needed
- CI is required
- in the future, an installer, even a fat one, would be _really_ nice to have!
- would be fat by bundling everything: libs, kf5, icons, ...
- maybe talk to the krita guys
- potentially cleanup kf5, esp. dbus usage, daemons, kbuilsycoca
- kate/kdevelop sprint
- after Qt WS: 8.-11.
- people who want to attend: aleix, dominik, christoph, bogdan, milian, eike
- kdevelop 5: update build documentation: kdesrc-build
- cursor position merged with outline view - hide toolbars by default - merge quick open and outline - explain common workflows and important shortcuts on welcome page
This page was last edited on 11 March 2016, at 10:37. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.