KDE provides minor point releases approximately every month after a major point release of the main modules.
As stable releases these are recommended to a wide user base who expect a high degree of stability. Changes should therefore be verifiable, reliable and regression free.
These releases must only contain:
- Fixes for severe bugs: security vulnerabilities, severe regressions from previous releases, data loss bugs
- Fixes for bugs which are easy to verify
- Updated translations
- Updated manuals
They must not contain:
- API changes in public libraries
- New strings
In case you need absolutely new API or new strings to fix a important bug, approval from the relevant teams is needed.
- For API changes in public libraries you need the approval of kde-core-devel
- For new strings you need the approval of kde-i18n-doc