This project aims to provide better integration of web browsers with the Plasma desktop.
What is it?
Plasma Browser Integration is an extension for common browsers to closer fit into the Plasma shell. This includes:
- Media Controls
- Lets you control video and audio players in websites using the Media Controller plasmoid, media keys on your keyboard, and even remotely from your phone
- Send links via KDE Connect
- Adds a context menu entry to links enabling you to send them to your phone and other paired devices
- Show downloads in and control them from Plasma’s notification area
- Find browser tabs in the Run Command (Alt-Space) window
- Make sure the "Browser Tabs" module is enabled in Plasma Search (KRunner) settings
How to install
The extension consists of two parts:
- The browser extension: A regular extension to be installed in your browser:
- The native host: An application that runs on your computer that the browser extension talks to:
- It should be available as a package from your distribution.
- If building from the source into a custom prefix, you will want to build with -DCOPY_MESSAGING_HOST_FILE_HOME to install the files firefox/chrome need
Everything is handled on your PC between the browser and your desktop, no additional data is sent via the web.
How to help
If you find an issue, please check the list of open bugs and then file a bug report.
For help and suggestions, you'll find us in #plasma on Freenode IRC.
You can also browse the source code and clone it from git://anongit.kde.org/plasma-browser-integration.git
This page was last modified on 10 August 2018, at 07:48. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.