This is currently a brainstorming page, feel free to add things to it that may not end up staying. Discussion is happening on the plasma-devel at kde.org mailing list.
- Activities advancements
- Panels associated with activities
- Add an activities button to the default panel arrangement
- Drag taskbar entries on activity manager icons to assign?
- System tray:
- tasks widget integration for the "application" tasks, out of the tray by default
- xembed tasks hidden in the popup by default
- property extended from the standard: what plasmoid can represent this task, use it for keyboard layout
- grouping of network icons in a single one (with icons+lionmail in the popup?)
- multimedia category? (grouped, + nowplaying in the popup?)
- Support for more mouse buttons:
- Described by rickst29 on the Mailing List (Vol 31, issue 52). Resolves two of KDE's all-time "top 20" RFE bugs.
- rickst29 will create the necessary Qt code and Header updates.
- TBD, and quickly: do we have a preferred convention for specific button and signal names from Qt?
- Shortcut Widget, plus Plasma Updates to use them.
- Subtopic Plasma versus Compiz; add 'Close Window' via shortcut (e.g., mouse button); also allow the "Desktop Effects" GUI to support arbitrary user command strings via shortcuts. TBD, other "useful and popular" plugin capabilities which we currently lack.
- if possible, allow multi-button shortcuts (i.e., one button used like a modifier key, creating "alternate identities" for other buttons pressed simultaneously). This could provide users with a much larger set of one-handed, mouse-only shortcut actions. A few examples:
Button2 with Wheel Spin Event (Up/Down/Left/Right)
Button2 With "Back" Button (Kernel's Button #8, IIRC)
Button2 With "Forward" Button (Button #9)
"Back" Button with Wheel Spin event (Up/Down-/Left/Right)
Use activities, use it as "guinea pig" for qml plasmoids, device profiles for Package etc
the shell itself for tablet makes more sense to be the mobile one..
merge mobile and netbook shells?
- Containment for "lesson plans"
- Network (web?) service that pushes lesson plans
- Monitor app
- Activity awareness
- first release of selkie? first prototype of qml plasmoids shipping in selkie packages
- Redesign of desktop activity contents
- new containment? maybe grid desktop?
- Integrated search?
- merge krunner, desktop toolbox, activity manager...
- always show that window in the present windows effect
- Switch from kickoff to ?
Classroom profiles for netbook/tablet/mobile
- Identifying common places where applications could use qml/plasma widgets in their main ui. example: dock widgets?
- Selkie release, to experiment with the point above has plasmoids as full applications, the html view becomes a "fallback"
This page was last modified on 16 July 2014, at 14:16. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 3.0 as well as the GNU Free Documentation License 1.2
unless otherwise noted.