Journal : Metadata Writeback
- Organized the plugin folder.
- Started working on exiv2 plugin.
- Worked on the CMakeLists and .desktop file exiv2 plugin.
- Made a rough list of exif properties that will be required.
- Changed to libkexiv2.
- Created the plugin.
- Implemented for datetime, datetimeorignal, datetimedigitized, image orientation and image description exif properties.
- Fixed a bug with my taglib plugin.
- Tested the plugins using a example service.
- Pushed the changes.
- Cleaned the code of exiv2 plugin.
- Started reading about Datamangement service.
- Started reading about unit tests.
- Started writing a unit test for the signals in resourcewatcher connection
- Finished the unit test for the signals.
- Read about akonadi to make a new plugin based on it.
- Fixed obvious mistakes with the unit test.
- Finished the unit test to test signals in data management service.
- Started working on the akonadi plugin.
- Read about various APIs required for it.
- Discussed with trueg to changed the selection of plugin based on both mimetypes and rdf types.
- Problems encountered with progress of akonadi plugin.
- Discussed with various people regarding akonadi, got a basic view on how the plugin would actually work out.
- Made a sample code on which the akonadi code would be based on.
- Started working on akonadi plugin again
- Read about QObjects.
- Discussed with dinesh regarding kdepim.
- Made a small test for akonadi plugin, with help from dinesh.
- Tested my sample code and it worked perfectly.
- Started coding the akonadi plugin.
- Figuring out the logic for it.
- Figured out a logic on how the plugin could be made.
- Discussed with vHanda about the design of the plugin.
- Coded the plugin.
- Tried to test it with datamangement service but didn't work.
- Finished coding the plugin.
- Made page on techbase about the project ideas.
- Pushed the code of akonadi plugin.
- Cleaned up the code of akonadi plugin.
- Started working on the hybrid plugin system.
- Finished the code of hybrid plugin system.
- Cleaned the code of hybrid plugin.
- Discussed about using KJob to make writebackjob class and received suggestions about the project.
- Solve all the problems pointed out by vHanda via email.
- Busy with placement forms and packing.
- Pushed the changes after reviewing it once.
- Solved everything pointed out in meeting except of KJob.
- Added the Writebackjob into techbase ideas page of the project.
- Pushed all the changes and also corrected things pointed out by vHanda/trueg.
- Designed the WritebackJob class according to trueh/vHanda advice.
- Put the first draft of WritebackJob on kde review boards for reviews.
- Made changes to Writebackjob according to trueg's comment.
- Made some documentation , asked trueg to review it.
- Finally pushed the writebackjob to the repo after correcting all the mistakes.
- Came up with an idea of tests , emailed trueg/vHanda about it.
- Wrote a test based on trueg's email.
- fixed the tests bit according to trueg's comment.
- Finished the documentation , mailed it trueg/vHanda.
- Setting up a new laptop development environment for Desktop Summit.
- Cleaned up the code a bit in WritebackPlugin class.
This page was last modified on 3 August 2011, at 07:21. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.