Changes in KEXI
Highlight: KEXI application has a number of general user interface and usability improvements. Some fixes for problems that appeared in version 3.0.0, including backward-compatibility. There are further improvements to the query designer (WHERE conditions and switching between views). Forms and reports also benefit from improvements of queries. KEXI now works better under non-KDE Plasma desktops such as XFCE, what can also have benefits on MS Windows. There are no new features apart from auto-opening command line options that work again.
- 3c210bdc8 Don't move to first Project navigator's item when last object tab is closed (usability fix)
- 6a218a1fb Improve detection of desktop type and use it in file dialogs and the Feedback Agent
- d5b7a5e21 Detect single click setting for XFCE
- 3bcc45629 Fix appearance of Kexi tabbed toolbar for gtk2 style used by XFCE
- a41b632d5 Make auto-opening command line options work for Kexi again (Bug #378418, Review #5322)
- 0a03c3e6d Fix regression since 3.0.0: store, copy and update user settings for objects, e.g. column widths
- 5de2b558b Fix regression since 3.0.0: Keep compatibility with older format versions regarding the storage for object type
- 90ee47e08 Fix regression since 3.0.0: Allow to change name and caption of objects (Bug #379078)
- 499fbf454 Close window before renaming object on user's request
- 08665e10a Fix background of the Kexi button for fusion style
- dc7cc8c61 Fix vertical alignment of the record navigator (Bug #379844)
- 373d8f4e9 Return invalid URL when open/save image dialog was canceled
- c5603739a Improve image chooser for properties of type Pixmap: display "all supported files" (Bug #379073)
- Table Designer
- Query Designer
- Form Designer
- 236681be7 Make check boxes two-state by default because this covers 99% of use cases. It is also Qt's default.
- 6192dbc38 Don't set any special minimum size for checkbox form widgets, users may want to set specific small size (link)
- 7e5f20b83 Fix geometry of the combo box (Bug #265330, Review #5486)
- 22e905861 Make it possible to use vertical alignment property in Text Box form widgets
- e0bf19825 Fix possible crashes in form's undo/redo actions, make them properly work with alignment properties of widgets (Bug #380175, Review #5969)
- Report Designer
- 43724947a Search for resource file in bin/data also on non-Windows so tests work OK without installation of the project
Changes in KDb
KDb is a database connectivity and creation framework for various database vendors.
- 9730fa06 Fix possible issue: the WHERE condition can be lost while converting query to SQL. This can be seen in Kexi Query Designer.
- c7dfaa15 Validate query and offer error message/description while setting or extending WHERE conditions
- d81e9a1e Fix WHERE conditions handling (Review #5294)
- 875de031 Make query parameters also work in COLUMNS section. Kexi query parameters do not work in COLUMNS section, e.g. this won't work ('invalid query' error appears): SELECT [Param]. The parameters work only in the WHERE section, e.g. SELECT 123 WHERE [Param] = 1. Port calligra commit 5c0d3ee52fd. (Bug #348473)
- a8907bc8 Support queries such as "SELECT FROM table WHERE condition" for completeness
- 3572da40 Add detection for PostgreSQL 10
- dd4a21fc Improve information about recommended packages (for drivers, python, etc.)
- dd4a21fc Improve SQLite detection
- c62c4296 FindMySQL script: for Windows use "ProgramFiles(x86)" environemnt variable to locate "Program Files (x86)" folder and find MySQL/MariaDB libs there
- e7bc7bbe FindMySQL script: fix it if CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is not specified (Windows)
Changes in KProperty
KProperty is a property editing framework with editor widget similar to what is known from Qt Designer.
- 2d1c35c Fix comparing double values: use "precision" option instead of "step" option
- c5e550c Improve checking for validity of min/max/step/precision options for date/time/double types
- f8ed63a Fix strikeout/underline font option not available in font dialogs. These options are missing in font dialogs on non-Plasma, non-Windows desktops, e.g. XFCE which has too simplified dialog. The solution is to force using Qt's own dialog (Bug #379190).
- 72a91e6 Pixmap editor: fix display preview of pixmap value on mouse click
- 4e4c1a6 Pixmap editor: improve size of the (...) button
- 6267e71 Pixmap editor: don't display taskbar entry on Windows for the popup, use Tooltip palette
- eb8c218 Do not check for Sailfish OS since its version 2.1
- cb08dd6 Fix HeadersTest for paths containing spaces
Changes in KReport
KReport is a framework for the creation and generation of reports in multiple formats.
- 1a2bbd68ba New: Port the Group dialog widget from Qt 4. (Task #6182, Review #5948)
- 38e3041629 Fix loading of pen style data (Bug #378561, Review #5391)
- 3620452d2b Improvements of handling pen width. Set step value of 1.0.
- 147c7300a8 Improve accuracy of line weight property.
- 12a075a564 Fix initialization of report elements created by user, e.g. barcodes had invalid default settings (Review #5435)
- 28ed4d6ca3 Fix possible crashes while switching from design view to preview (Review #5508)
- 0ab6d76ef2 Improve detection of scripting. Always save the script, regardless of whether or not the object script is empty, this way and default to the original script, unless the object script has been changed so the original interpreter should be saved properly. (Task #668, Review #5700, Task #6183, Review #5965)
- efe3670072 Make sure KProperty* libs are not newer than 3.0.x
- 315c86d6ad Fix HeadersTest for paths containing spaces