Design page for task Add Qt Quick-based forms.
- Started: piggz, Jan 2014
- Status: experimental implementation exists in kexi/plugins/quickforms, kexi_quickform_piggz branch.
- Wish #????
Initial blog entry: 
Microsoft Access has powerful VBA forms allowing many tasks to be performed. Kexi forms are limited to data-bindings and macro execution. To have something as powerful as VBA it is preferential to not re-invent the wheel. QtQuick provides a extensible set of basic components, and a pwoerful scripting language that can be extended with application specific functionality.
- Qt Quick-based forms do not replace QWidget-based forms but complement them.
- They are not interchangeable and probably cannot be combined (except one can be opened using "open" action).
- Menu system/navigation
- Data Entry
- Data based application development using kexi locked-down mode
- We should build some kexi specific components to simplify building forms
- We should provide bindings to control the Kexi instance (already mostly covered)
- We should provide bindings to the current record data and record navigation functions
- We could provide some file io functionality
This page was last modified on 22 September 2014, at 19:09. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.