Making an API to create plugins for the chat window.
These should be able to handle the following usecases:
- Translator plugin - when messages are sent or received, it will translate them before they are displayed (or actually sent)
- Image Embed plugin - when a URL of an image is received, it will display the image under the text
- Grammar correction - a plugin that replaces "wont" with "won't" on messages to be sent
- Youtube embed - embeds a youtube video in a chat
The stakeholders (components) are as follows:
- UI - telepathy-kde-text-ui and chat-widget etc.
- Plugin Manager
- Core (Telepathy)
<I'll upload the diagram for how they interact later>
The interactions between the components:
- Plugin Manager and Plugin
- Process Message
- Return Message
- Send-Message //still not sure about this
- Plugin Manager and Ui
- Display Message
- Display Final Message
- Send New Message //to be processed BEFORE being sent
- Plugin Manager and Core
- New Message Received
- Send New Message
It will consist of the following classes
- Interface Class : ReceivingPlugin
- virtual methods:
- ProcessReceivedMessage(Message message);
- PreProcessReceivedMessage(Message); maybe have method like this, which PluginManager will call, that will check that that message hasn't already been processed before calling ProcessReceivedMessage().
- Interface Class : SendingPlugin
- Plugin Manager - Every client that wants to use the plugin system will have a single, global, static instance of this.
- signal: displayMessage(bool final);
- slot: processAndSendNewMessage(QString message);
- slot: processReceivedMessage(Tp::Message message);
This page was last modified on 10 November 2012, at 01:14. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0
unless otherwise noted.