KGet 2.5 (in KDE 4.5)
- Implement transfersRemoved/Added signals with a QList as parameter (unhack r1064328)
- Better error-handling for transfers, using a setError() method -> discuss this with the whole team
- Something like a filesizechecker, which informs/warns the user if there's no space free on the disk
- MultiSource Downloading
- Add Advanced Details support
- Add advanced details area (show chunk view, peer view, file view, statistics view etc...). Use tabview to display multiple views.
- Add a coloured band over the mainview displaying the currently display items. For example if I select "Downloads" from the sidebar it should display "Downloads". If instead I select a specific group <groupname> it should display "Downloads - <groupname>"
- Add valid download time frame, global or individual.
- Show average transfer speed when finished
- Re-import the sidebar. Might be a tree-view.
- Add a "Finished" item. This will point to the downloaded files.
- Add a popupmenu to add or delete groups by right-clicking on them.
- Implement the selection of a specific group. In this way selecting a group from the sidebar should display only its transfers.
- Make the sidebar capable of several sizes for its items (16, 22, 32, ...)
- Show downloading progress, if multiple downloads are going, show each for 1 or 2 seconds.
- Implement progressive filling of the icon in the system tray.
- Use KPassivePopups to notify when all the transfers have been downloaded.
- Ask the user if he/she wants to delete the transfer (or probably if he/she wants to delete the tmp-file)?
- Let the user add new download-sources to a multithreaded transfer manually
- Handle the situation when we remove a group which has transfers.
- If user resume a download and find the disk space is not enough, implement a option which can move and continue the transfer to another user-specified place.
- Add a wizard on the first app execution, where the user can set his download folders and other "vital" settings like the integration with Konqueror. Perhaps we could provide a good default like ~/downloads/.
- Check there is enough space left before downloading file
- Proxy-support, not global, only for kget (we need to wait for kdelibs)
- Right-click menu to change transfer properties (filename, destination directory, url)
- Add option to show newtransferdialog on top, using activiateWindow(). (DONE)
- Profile kget and look for possible optimizations, done for:
- Removing multiple/single transfers
- adding (== loading) many transfers
- starting/stopping many transfers
- ... further improvements there most likely still possible
- Make KGets handling of many downloads smarter, (maximum number of open connections per server).
- Recursion and other wget features.
- Save referer page for downloads.
- Preserve timestamp of downloaded files (as option)
- Fix crashes in Advanced-Details
- Fix thread related issues.
- Polish youtube downloader.
- Prepare to write megaupload/rapidshare downloader.
- Write the baidu mp3 downloader (long term).
This page was last edited on 22 April 2019, at 11:59. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.