Things to be discussed:
KDevelop as an SDKFrameworks/Epics/KDevelop_based_SDK
- KDevelop on Windows/Mac, anybody knows what's going on?
- Static Analysis and KDevelop, what can we do?
- milian wants to review the branch
- the world is waiting for him to
- Reusable libs/tools for C++ preprocessing, parsing, semantic analysis
- even preprocessing lib can't be reused because it uses IndexedString which requires item repository
- clang is the future
- but we're still fixing our c++ parser
- Mailing lists moving to KDE? What will we have to change, if anything?
- kdevelop.org domain transfer to KDE e.V.?
- extract quanta repositories to playground: css, sql, xml, crossfire, phpformatter
- can we get someone to make reviewboard preserve the orignal uploaded patch file (with git author information)?
- first alpha releases: qmake, css(?), ruby, python, xdebug, executebrowser, upload...?,
- review, fixup, test, merge
- Miha's branches
Can we merge yet?see mailing list
- Can we better integrate the unit tests?
- control flow graph
- fix the icons in the settings dialog (they're all the same)
- Miha's branches
- General stuff
- More default colour schemes for kate/kdevelop editor component?
- New splash screen! :)
- add a C++/KDE application template which uses a QtDesigner .ui file?
- Different default settings for kate:
- Who uses 8-width tab indent?
- Who does not want backspace at the beginning of a line to unindent? etc.
- Any chance to get focus-follows-mouse for the kate/kdev built-in terminal? It's very confusing when used with an environment which normally has focus-follows-mouse (kwin has such an option too, maybe the setting could be coupled to that?).
- Bugs to discuss
- fix debugger tooltips (they behave in an annoying way if the mouseover target is changed quickly)
Crash bugs on pressing enter? What's the status here? Those are *really* bad.fixed, but waiting upstream, see: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27322 and https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-23871 Crash bugs on switching areas / closing all filesfixed, see https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/kdevelop/kdevelop/repository/revisions/512cb5623501be8052d0bd9b6b674c3bf627095c Crash when deleting folder containing filesfixed, see https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/kdevelop/kdevplatform/repository/revisions/2e0a618e43e1fe36202be5808455779c4804a99e
- Things to improve
Better launch config dialog! It's unusable currently.
- minor: only suggest include completion entries for 1 or 2-char names if requested explicitly? I often accidentially include stuff which defines a struct called "c" or so.
- Search in Files: The "new search" icon / button is not obvious. It looks like a settings button. Maybe give it a text, or a different icon?
- make quickopen delay configurable? it still annoys me significantly.
a visually more attractive "pick session" dialog
- multi core performance
- general memory and single core performance
fix slowdown of project context menu caused by "git status" call or something similar support DnD copy in project view support Copy/Paste of files in project view improve FileSystem view: support multiple file managers bookmarks in file managers (stored per session or project)
- Formatting of autocompletion list entries: incredibly difficult, can we get something less complicated like HTML/CSS text formatting?
- kate autocompletion API: can we get a way to mark items as "unimportant", sorting them at the very end of the list regardless of alphabetic sorting? Otherwise it's very difficult to offer 20 different entries starting with __ without being annoying.
- kate autocompletion: do not complete when only single option is presented
- discuss how to properly implement class/function aliases for scripting languages in the duchain
- different/other backends for duchain
- unified coding style and licenses on all kdev* code
- "generic" language plugin? could work similar to kate syntax files (or even use them?) and provide autocompletion (and maybe highlighting / navigation) based on that. it would be very useful to implement rudimentary support for languages like JS which have nobody working on them specifically.
- Refactoring actions: how to share them between different languages?
This page was last edited on 26 October 2012, at 10:13. Content is available under Creative Commons License SA 4.0 unless otherwise noted.