KDE PIM/KItinerary/Barcode Formats
Ticket Barcode Formats
Overview on ticket barcode format documentation, existing material on the subject and reverse engineering efforts.
IATA BCBP (Bar-coded boarding passes)
Internationally standardized for use on airline boarding passes.
Official standard document only available to IATA members, but can be found by use of an Internet search engine.
Internationally standardized for train tickets, commonly used for international travel in the EU as well as by a number of operators in the EU. In itself just a container format that can contain various payloads.
Specification is only available to UIC members, but can be found as part of the below sources describing the payload.
Payload for international EU travel.
- European Railway Agency Technical Document TAP TSI Annex B.6 (ask your favorite search engine)
- European Railway Agency Technical Document TAP TSI Annex B.7
Deutsche Bahn vendor extensions
- DB Tickets: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diskussion:Online-Ticket#Online-Ticket_der_Deutschen_Bahn
- Local public transport extension: Interoperabilität Barcode DB Online-Ticket VDV-KA
ÖBB vendor extension
- simple JSON using payload type "118199"
Modular system primarily used in German local public transport. Consists of a common part with generic information and operator-specific extensions/payloads. Specifications are only available to VDV members, but you can sometimes get lucky with Internet searches.
- VDV-Kernapplication - Spezifikation statischer Berechtigungen für 2D Barcode-Tickets - KA STB-Spec
Sources describing operator extensions are currently unknown.